Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need some help on tranny linkage on v6 with body lift

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2012, 10:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Need some help on tranny linkage on v6 with body lift

Ladies and Gentleman,
I desperately need your help. I did a body lift on my 07 f150 v6. Problem is they don't make a lift for a v6. Everything worked perfect except for the transmission linkage.

The dial is off on the dash which is no big deal. When you're in drive the indicator is in between the N and D. When you put it in park the key comes out like you're in park but the truck will roll with a slight ticking. I'm thinking it's just not able to get the truck in park.

I need some creative ideas on how to get the bracket as close to stock (only moved up 3 inches) or if it's possible to adjust the cable to work right. Right now I have to use parking brake every time and start in neutral.

First I'll show you the original bracket that I bought another of.

In this photo I show where the original stud mates up to the transmission.

Is this part adjustable?

Here is where it ends. Don't know if there's anything can be done here.

Thanks in advance,
Jim
Old 07-08-2012, 10:32 PM

Any ideas? Anyone have a way to compare part numbers to see if the tranny in the v8's uses the same type but longer cable?
Old 11-25-2014, 08:32 PM

Digging this old post up hoping for maybe some newer eyes on it. Trucks still running great other than more rust due to exposed parts! It's starting to feel on the highway at speeds of 65+ that the trans is no longer shifting into overdrive. It's got me worried it could be due to the cable issue. Everything seems nice and tight down there but I'd feel a heck of a lot better if I could gain some slack in the transmission cable.

Does anyone know the part numbers for the v6 trans shifter cable and v8. Hoping v8 maybe longer for some reason.

Quick Reply: Need some help on tranny linkage on v6 with body lift