Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need some help, and advice...front end issues

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 10:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some help, and advice...front end issues

first i have a couple questions. i have a 07 f150 4x4 i bought new last oct, i also bought the extended warranty the best one they had. ill start with the problem im having first. i just had to pull a buddy out of a ditch and on my way home my front diff started goin hay wire. it sounded like the hubs were engaging on their own, it made a real loud and fast clicking sound until i came to a stop then it quit. about 5 miles later it did it again so i pulled off the road and backed up thinking maybe the hubs didnt disengage. i just recently put a 2in leveling kit on my truck and 33s so will ford still cover this under warranty? the truck did it once before about a month ago before i installed the kit and tires, and i called the dealer to try to get it looked at and they told me they couldnt do anything unless it broke or threw a warning light.

so my 2 questions are will ford take care of this issue or am i going to have to put the truck back to stock? also has anyone else had any front end problems or heard of any so that i can have a heads up?

and the last time the truck did this i havent used the 4x4 in a while, i was exiting the interstate and it started making the noise out of no where.
Old 11-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

It will depend on the dealer you take it too. Returning it to stock is not a very easy option for you with the level kit and tires so I would call in and state the problem, re-state that it has happened before and what you were told and set up an appointment. Ford dealers put bigger tires,lifts, etc too so they should not be harsh on you for that. My dealer put my 3"level kit on mine as part of my deal.

Good luck
Old 11-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

The kit you put on your truck only effected the shock area not the drive line. The dealer may say it is not covered under warranty but you need to disagree with this. Most people walk away when they are told its not covered. Agrue the point. Ford must prove that any mods were what caused the problem. In most cases they can not do this. A lift or level does not change anything on the drive line. Your CV axles may be shifted but most of the time this results in torn boots.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i didnt know that they sold the level kits, im going to give them a call and see what they have to say . thanks for the info
Old 11-28-2008, 09:41 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Other posts here about a vacuum switch controlling the locking hub. Water or moisture gets in and things go haywire. Use the search button for more info on this subject, don't think the lift has anything to do with the symptom.
Old 11-28-2008, 12:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The leveling kit could have an affect on your warranty if you have issues with your ball joints or other suspension parts (per my dealer) but any issue with your drive line or hubs should be covered regardless.

John

Quick Reply: need some help, and advice...front end issues