Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need Some Help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 07:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Need Some Help!

I started my truck and got to the bottom of my driveway in reverse when my truck just shut off. I tried to start it and nothing. Battery won't even come on and it will not jump. Not sure what to do or check
Old 06-24-2013, 11:34 AM

Received 142 Likes on 129 Posts

Do you get a click or does your dash lights come on or anything? Any power at all?
Old 06-24-2013, 01:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

make sure you are in park or neutral.. I did that once and it wouldn't do anything.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by alsatropine
Do you get a click or does your dash lights come on or anything? Any power at all?
No click whatsoever. No dash lights. Straight up NOTHING.
Originally Posted by iowagooser44
make sure you are in park or neutral.. I did that once and it wouldn't do anything.
Yes I was in park. I'm at a complete loss
Old 06-24-2013, 08:57 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I don't mean to insult your intelligence so please dont take it that way. I once had something similar happen to me in my 98 f150 at a bank. Just dead no nothing. Well some guy came over and found the problem. The positive lead of the battery wasnt tight at all... super embarrassing. Anyway.... Occam's razor did you check the leads to the battery?
Old 06-24-2013, 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Thisguyuknow
I don't mean to insult your intelligence so please dont take it that way. I once had something similar happen to me in my 98 f150 at a bank. Just dead no nothing. Well some guy came over and found the problem. The positive lead of the battery wasnt tight at all... super embarrassing. Anyway.... Occam's razor did you check the leads to the battery?
Yes, first thing I checked. Made sure they were good and tried to jump with no luck
Old 06-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Cycle For Fun and Health

Received 495 Likes on 384 Posts

I just had a battery go bad in a boat. One minute all was good - next minute battery was completely dead with no warning. Must have been an internal short. Take your battery to one of the local parts stores and they will check it for nothing. If not the battery, could be numerous other items but the battery must be confirmed first.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:27 PM

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

Does your truck have a little black thing plugged in under the steering wheel or dash. Mine does its called a silencer under dash key. But it happened to me after I got my truck washed and they must have pushed key to the side so it wasn't plugged in all they way and the truck wouldn't do anything at all. I noticed it was moved and plugged it in a boom she started right up. I got home and searched and when unplugged it completely cuts off the starter. It's part of the security system.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:53 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Do interior or doorblights come on?
The only thing I can guess is a main fuse to the battety if no lights come on
Old 06-25-2013, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Nalb1221
Does your truck have a little black thing plugged in under the steering wheel or dash. Mine does its called a silencer under dash key. But it happened to me after I got my truck washed and they must have pushed key to the side so it wasn't plugged in all they way and the truck wouldn't do anything at all. I noticed it was moved and plugged it in a boom she started right up. I got home and searched and when unplugged it completely cuts off the starter. It's part of the security system.
I never knew anything about that. Wish I would have known to check that before I had it towed to the dealership..
Originally Posted by jp4lsu
Do interior or doorblights come on?
The only thing I can guess is a main fuse to the battety if no lights come on
Yes interior lights come on and that is it.

Guess I'll just have to wait for a call an bill. Probably won't be cheap