Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need Opinions On What to Do with the Lariat Speedo Buttons

Old 03-08-2013, 12:50 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Need Opinions On What to Do with the Lariat Speedo Buttons

So I am swapping to alot of lariat features(Heated leather Seats, EATC, Adj Pedal, Possible Memory seats, rear slider window) and have decided to install a Lariat style bezel. I bought a black leather one and Painted the body of it with ColorBond Medium Flintspray paint.

I am happy with the spray job and the contrast of the black leather on the gray bezel but I am not so happy with the color difference between the bezel and the original trim pieces. You can really see the difference in the first pic. I know ford calls the original color medium flint so I may just have to try a different company, has anyone had success with a different brand?

Now for what I need opinions on. In the second pic you can see I hid the Odo/Reset/Trip buttons in plain site by painting them to match the dark flint trim that is stock in the truck. I am pretty happy with how that looks. I havent found a wiring diagram that shows these buttons in a lariat yet, but the connector has 4 prongs. There are three buttons so this tells me these are most likely momentary switches which I may be able to utilize to control some accessories.

I am trying to decide what to use these for. It is complicated but there is a way to make a momentary switch activate and deactivate a relay to run accessories such as lights and stuff.

I'd really like to add some off road lights on my brush guard or even if I am lucky get a hella grill so that takes care of one of the switches. Anythoughts anything cool to do with the other two? Would there be any real benefit to make one bypass the reverse cam reverse trigger wire and activate the cam?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Opinions On What to Do with the Lariat Speedo Buttons