Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need opinions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 06:47 AM

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

Default Need opinions!

Ok, I have a 2006 F150 crew cab, Bushwackers, and much more small things. I am looking to eather put a 2.5" level kit maby with or without AAL, or a rancho 4" lift.I like the look of the white king ranch someone posted that is running on a 2.5LK and 35x12.5x20 Nitto Mud Grapplers. this is where the first opinion comes in.
I am planning on running 35x12.5x20 , I am leaning toward Nitto Mud Grapplers but am open to sugestions.(opinion)
I am also considering Recon lighted emblems in white. (Opinion)
I have located two photos off here of other members trucks and the first one is Identical to mine other than its the one with the 4" lift and 35s. ( atoms)
The second is a King Ranch with a 2.5" LK and 35s. ( sorry unsure of members name) Just want some opinions.
It will be taken offroad but not anything extream. I dont want to go with A/Ts. I also dont want to go with a 6" or larger due to everybody is running that( no offence) and anything bigger is too expensive for a DD. THanks
Attached Images   
Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 AM
big cube 426

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice truck bro.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:04 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

personally I love the look of a 4 inch lift with 35's. 35's on a truck with just a leveling kit fills the fenders too much for my personal preference. but the gap between the tire and body with a 4 inch kit is perfect. especially if this is going to be a DD and not going to any big extreme with offroading.

also a side note, the Nitto Mud Grapplers are very noisy I have heard when driving on the road. Recon lighted emblems is a personal like or dislike that is totally up to you, remember this is your truck and you are the only one that has to like it.
Old 01-08-2010, 07:13 AM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

Somethin' might be wrong with my computer screen or eyes, but that white King Ranch looks black to me. lol

If I remember correctly, the owner of that black King Ranch used a 2.5" leveling kit and 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers. There are some pictures of a white King Ranch with a 3" leveling kit and 35" Nitto Mud Grapplers too. Both look damn good. Clean and tasteful.

At some point, I plan to put the Rancho 4" lift on my King Ranch. However, that'll probably be some time down the road. I'm more likely to go the route of the other two King Ranches first.

That other truck you posted looks like one tall 4" lift if that's all it is. Most of the 4" lifts I've seen don't look quite that tall. I believe the 4" Rancho lift is really a 2.5" lift with a leveling kit for the most part (4" in the front, 2.5" in the rear). Maybe that picture you posted is a little deceiving due to the angle or somethin'. I don't know. Either way, it looks good.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:06 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My buddy just put 35's on his 06 with a 2.5 level kit and add-a-leaf in the rear. They are on aftermarket wheels (unsure of offset/backspacing). They look ok but function like crap. Although they clear/fit under normal on road conditions (after some trimming) they are nothing but a hasle off road. His first trip cost him over $1400 in repairs. He was going through his wood lot to access a pit. Trail is rough but not bad. Long story short he was going up a small hill that was on a slope. His lug on the tire caught the lip of the fender and tore it clean off (fender). Of course it also sliced his tire. They are 12.5's and the rim is set inward also. He never had an issue with his old 33's. I think 35's are ok for all terrain or on-road apps but just too tight for the trails if the truck will be really used. I'm sure backspacing is key but not something I would want to worry about when trying to enjoy the truck
Old 01-08-2010, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you have the money i'd go with the 4in lift myself
Old 01-09-2010, 07:23 AM

Received 77 Likes on 60 Posts

I, after hearing about $1400 damage, have decided to go with the 4" lift. I don't want to be playing around and mess the body up. I don't think I will mind the road noise, I have a killer sound system and it is almost always yelling at me anyway. Thanks for the heads up though.
I like the recon lights and I think my G/F will be getting a set for me for our 3 years or v-day, one or the other.
I tried to post a pic of the "white" king ranch but couldn't copy it, so I just used the black one. Same LK and same size tires. Just forgot to change the color.
The gray truck belonged to atom and I never got to talk to him personally but I was told when I first asked about a 4" lift that that wS what he was running. I hear a 4" rancho runs about 5" instead of 4".
What yall think of a 4" and AAL?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is pic of mine. 35x12.5x20 mud grapplers on ballistic wheels. 3 inch hellbent leveling kit in front. NO lift...YET!!!
Attached Thumbnails Need opinions!-p8201384.jpg  

Quick Reply: Need opinions!