Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need a little advice ASAP

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Need a little advice ASAP

I was cleaning my 08 super crew XLT Saturday and I had all 4 windows down. When I went to put them back up The driver's side rear window wouldn't come up I could see it trying to come up but it caught on the weather striping. After a little while I was able to move the window back and fourth enough for it to clear the weather striping and go up. A few days earlier I heard a pop sound when I went to put that window down but it went down and up fine, I would hear a rattle from it when i would go over a bump when it was down. I didn't think much about it until now.
I have an appointment to drop my truck off tomorrow and have fore fix it. That is not what I have questions about (yet)

What I want to know is If the dealer can put in the push button door handle in my truck and make it work?

I truck did not come with the push button system on it and that is one thing I really wanted. So when I take it in for the window I am going to ask them if they can do it for me. Can they put one on my truck and how should I ask them about it and who should I talk Whit about it. This something the service managers would know about? would it be worth them doing and would it be covered under the warrenty when done by the dealer?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't get your question?
Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i think he wants to know if he can have keyless entry instsalled and i would have to say yes it is possible and to ask them about it when you go to get your window fixed!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:03 PM

the questions are
1) can I get the key less keypad installed at the dealer so it will work right,
2)Who should I talk with is it the service managers or someone else in the dealer
3) if I can get it done will it then fall under the factory and extended warranty i have on the truck.

I don't know it it makes a difference or not My truck did come with the remote door locks

Last edited by rickyp; 06-15-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:07 PM

1- yes im pretty sure its been done
2- yes i would talk to the service manager about it
3- it would not be a warranty item because it was never on the truck from the factory therefore they cannot warranty!!
Old 06-15-2009, 07:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, they have a add on kit to install keyless entry. It is probably the same kit for a '08 F150 as it is for most every model; it doesn't mount into the handle assembly, rather uses two-sided tape and mounts to the panel. The nice thing about it is that I believe the battery in this unit is replaceable, so when it dies you can replace it. They used to be about $100 last I knew.... that was last year sometime when I was still working at a dealership.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM

I know about the stick on ones but I would reather have one that is in the handle.

I was thinking about getting the stick on one and mounting it on the back window of my cap, but I think they work the same as one of the door remotes I already have 3 door remotes programed to the truck. I am worried about it comming off or someone trying to pry it off thinking they clould get in my truck

Trending Topics

Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you can just add the door handle with the keypad,the wiring will be in the door, now look in your manual and see if you have a white card with a 5 digit security code? if so, then that it your 5 digit code, otherwise you can take out the backseat and look for it on the module.

i may be included with your warranty, if you took it in for work, a dealer would never know it wasn't factory unless he scans your vin

Last edited by ATOM; 06-15-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:19 PM

why would you mount your pad on the rear window i never heard of that lol?
Old 06-15-2009, 07:20 PM

I already looked in the book and didn't find anything about the security code. SO this shouldn't be a very expensive thing to have added to my truck

Quick Reply: Need a little advice ASAP