Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need LCA bushings? Read this first!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2016, 04:39 AM
Old-n-Cranky

Received 69 Likes on 47 Posts

Default Need LCA bushings? Read this first!

This may be old news to some of you, but its a new discovery for me and thought I'd pass this along...

So I was shopping for the MOOG K200365 lower control arm bushings on Amazon. I've known they sell used items, but I never really looked closely at them. This time I'm glad I did.

Now before you say, "WTH would I buy a USED bushing"? Well.. you wouldn't. Neither would I. Amazon's description of the "used" bushing isn't that detailed, so my initial thoughts were.. OK, since these particular bushings have to be PRESSED in, how can you be selling them as USED?
The answer is: They can't. Obviously Amazon wouldn't accept a used pressed-out part.

Their 'used' part description goes on to say the bushings are either re-packaged or come in their original (and beat up) boxes. But the clincher is.. they are almost HALF the cost! So I was able to get all 4 bushings in beat-up boxes for almost half the price of the same new bushings in a fancy good box!

For whatever reason, Amazon can't list them as NEW. Maybe they were a customer return, or it's because the box can't be put on a retail shelf. Beats me! I could care less what the box looks like, especially if it's going to save me $$$ .

I received the bushings yesterday (damn I love Prime)... and the bushings are in fact... BRAND NEW. One set of bushings was re-packaged and the other was in the original box, but it looked like a Rottweiler used it as a chew-toy... The parts were pristine and untouched; however.

I bought these bushings as a "just in case" situation. I don't plan to remove my LCA's when I do my ball joints and shocks, but if for some reason I have to - I will have new bushings to put in. For that price... why the hell not have them on-hand? Nothing lasts forever and I'm sure I'll have to replace them eventually.
Another reason for having them on hand is if I get into my ball-joint job and I discover the LCA bushings really do need replaced - my local parts houses think their stuff is solid gold. And that's a big IF they even have them in stock!

So the moral of this story is... don't be afraid to look at Amazon's used selection. It might just save you a few bucks!

Thank you Amazon!