Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need help with wheel selection for BDS 6" lift

Old 07-25-2014, 03:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with wheel selection for BDS 6" lift

Hello All,

I have an '08 F-150 XLT 4X4, 5.4L S-C, and am pondering a 6" lift. I was originally planning for a RCX with the Dick Cepek Torque wheel, 17X8.5" with 5" BS. I have since been sold on the BDS kit, but this wheel will not work, I'm told, due to interference with the larger steering knuckle. At least that's what BDS Tech told me. The specs for the BDS kit are a 17 or 18X9 with BS of 4.5"- 4 5/8".

I have found that the DC-II wheel will work, but I'm wondering what other options are available. I want to stick with either a 17 or 18", and BDS recommended I stick with the 17X9 due to ride quality and cheaper tires. I know there are spacer options, but I'm not sure I want to go that route as I don't want the tires sticking out too far and having other related issues. If I am forced to go with a 5" BS wheel, are there spacers small enough to give me the half-inch, or am I stick with a 1" or 1.5" spacer? I'm trying to piece this project together so I will have all the stuff I need to complete the job.

Thank you all in advance for your help.

Bryan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need help with wheel selection for BDS 6" lift