Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need help...want to buy this truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 12:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default need help...want to buy this truck

i test drove this 07 f150 harley davidson with a saleen supercharger today. i love the truck. i just have a few questions since this is the first truck i will have ever owned. it is an 07 with only 12k miles. so it is still like brand new.

1) what is a good price for this truck? should i just go by NADA retail?

2) what are the common problems with this truck if any?

3) it felt a little slow, but i am used to my mustang and never drive trucks, what mods can i do to make it a little quicker?

4) any tips on buying or things i should know about this specific year and style truck?

I am new to the truck world so i appreciate any inputs i can get.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.autotrader.com/dealers/dd...aler_id=496404
Old 02-23-2010, 01:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what kind of mustang do you drive?!? That is probably one of the faster trucks you will find. That seems like a pretty decent price to me considering it only has 12k on it. From what I have heard on this forum the 07s are a pretty solid year. I know the earlier trucks had spark plug issues but I think this one is new enough that you dodged that problem. that and the harley davidson ed. probably has different plugs than the regular 5.4.

If you can afford it and you like it...go for it. I would that truck is beautiful...the stickers are a little gaudy but hey its blown!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed, please take the orange stickers off the sides of the truck if you buy it. If you want stickers just do a black or smoke colored Saleen down the side but not the racing stripes.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:07 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Slow...with a supercharger? Haha. Drive one without one if you want to know what slow feels like lol..it is a truck not a mustang. Personally I think those trucks are sweet. Go for it!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:11 AM

i believe all 07's and early 08's have the spark plug issue. Tell the dealer you buy it if he throws in a plug change.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:19 AM

do you think the harleys would have the same ****ty two piece sparks plugs that the non-supercharged trucks have. I think they would have upgraded them...maybe not though.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

do you really want my opinion?

First... put down the crack pipe. The Harley Edition was not worth it when it came out, and IMHO adds nothing to the resale value.

Saleen... ya the supercharger is nice, but again the rest is a bunch of stickers and stick on crap that does nothing to add to the trucks value.

You could buy a real nice truck, and drop 3500 for a Roush Supercharger installed, and get similar performance numbers. And you'll still have 10 grand left in your pocket.

tell them 22 grand out the door, no added fee's or other BS take it or leave it, have a grand in cash in your hand for a deposit, and be prepared to walk when they say anything but yes.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Neggy
do you really want my opinion?

First... put down the crack pipe. The Harley Edition was not worth it when it came out, and IMHO adds nothing to the resale value.

Saleen... ya the supercharger is nice, but again the rest is a bunch of stickers and stick on crap that does nothing to add to the trucks value.

You could buy a real nice truck, and drop 3500 for a Roush Supercharger installed, and get similar performance numbers. And you'll still have 10 grand left in your pocket.

tell them 22 grand out the door, no added fee's or other BS take it or leave it, have a grand in cash in your hand for a deposit, and be prepared to walk when they say anything but yes.
see that is where you are wrong...the harley edition does add resale value. Resale value is not an opinion. Its a fact, a number. I dont know who you are kidding but the Harley trim package is a luxury package. Since do embroidered leather seats not add value to the truck? Or for that matter all the features loaded into this truck?

I dont know who you are kidding but if you took a stock xlt and tried to upgrade it to the harley trim yourself you would end up spending more than ten grand and it would still look a lot crappier.

22k for that truck with 12k?!? I think you need to put down the crack pipe! Seriously man put it down...

Last edited by BigRedXlt; 02-23-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:26 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

As far as pricing I would pay around private party good. My argument is that they pay trade in value at auction. So private party value is between retail and trade in, so still they make plenty of money on the deal. My last truck I got for around $4000 under private party good. The problem is when you fall in love with a truck you lose money. You have to be willing to walk away to get a good deal. But if you have tons of cash do what ever you want.

As far as fast. Trucks are simply not fast.

Last but not least those stickers all on the side look bad. If they could be removed it would look a lot better.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:06 PM

What adds or subtracts from resale value is subjective and depends on what the buyer is looking for.

Before you buy the truck look into a few more things.

First call your insurance company and see how much the insurance will run you with this truck. It is going to be high because it is a limited edition truck and has a supercharger engine

Then consider the price of fuel. with the supercharge you will have to run high grade fuel.

Quick Reply: need help...want to buy this truck