Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need help with shudder problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2010, 07:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Need help with shudder problem

Truck is an 04 new body style 5.4 xlt extended cab 2 wheel drive and does not have limited slip. for the past 4 months or so..have been getting a shudder sensation when i'm turning from a complete stop. Only does this when I am turning either way form a complete stop, feels like its shaking the whole cab. Does not have the shudder sensation while going over 20 or so making a turn...and does not do it when I haven't driven for a while. Like in the mornings when the the truck has sat all night, does not do it. Usually takes 15 min. or so before it starts doing it...and if I drive over an hour highway or something equivelant...it does it BAD. Any ideas as to what this could be? Have had suggestions from a co-worker that it might be wheel bearings? I have no idea though...any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks
Old 03-04-2010, 08:19 PM

either that or ujoints. just my thoughts
Old 03-05-2010, 09:44 PM

possibly...I've gotten up underneath the truck and shook and tried turning the driveshaft some and it wasn't loose at all. If it were the U joints would I be able to tell by doing this?

Quick Reply: Need help with shudder problem