Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need help with rotors

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default need help with rotors

i need help i need new rotors but i want drilled and slotted rotors does any one knwo a GOOD place to get them that makes a good product i been on ebay but skeptical cuz idk u know u get what u pay for so if theres a good store online or something please let me know. thanks in advance
Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 PM
Greg

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before you buy anything on ebay, find exactly what you want from either summit racing, performance part websites, catalogs, ect.. then look for that specific part from a reputable seller and compare the price. just make sure you look at the shipping costs, ebay isn't always cheaper.
Old 01-31-2010, 07:22 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

there is a thread I believe started by 07Fx4Chick when she replaced her rotors and she was real happy from were she got hers check out her thread hopefully it will help https://www.f150forum.com/f33/how-re...04-08-a-32615/

Last edited by squirrelyyy; 01-31-2010 at 07:28 AM.
Old 01-31-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must ask, what is the reason that you want drilled or slotted brakes?

are you putting any extra wear and tear on the brakes, or using them harder than normal?

if not you are probly just waisting your money.
Old 01-31-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kifels
I must ask, what is the reason that you want drilled or slotted brakes?
are you putting any extra wear and tear on the brakes, or using them harder than normal?
if not you are probly just waisting your money.
If the guy is like me, he probably drives 20 mph OVER the speed limit in the city, constantly lighting up the brakes and pads. The stocks are great, dont get me wrong, but they warp easy after heating up and cooling off, hot cold hot cold. This happened to me and I swapped for drilled/slotted and nothing so far, 20k on them.

Originally Posted by twister
i need help i need new rotors but i want drilled and slotted rotors does any one knwo a GOOD place to get them that makes a good product i been on ebay but skeptical cuz idk u know u get what u pay for so if theres a good store online or something please let me know. thanks in advance
I actually bout my set from a guy on eBay for cheap. Only problem, which you need to verify with everyone eBay or not, is if the front wheel bearings are pressed in already or not. If not, I can locate them for you, but they run $90 PER (If anyone can find them cheaper as Timken has stopped making SET930 please let me know). Check my album, there is a pic of my tire/wheel combo, and you can see my rotors through them. Good luck!
Old 01-31-2010, 05:59 PM

If the guy is like me, he probably drives 20 mph OVER the speed limit in the city, constantly lighting up the brakes and pads. The stocks are great, dont get me wrong, but they warp easy after heating up and cooling off, hot cold hot cold. This happened to me and I swapped for drilled/slotted and nothing so far, 20k on them.

yes this i do lol and i break hard beside im makin a show truck and i drive my truck to drive and im putin a charger in it soon and also my stock rotors with 34000 miles are dissinagrating to rust dust so i was lookin for a good place to buy new ones that arent cheap crap ones that would rest or warp or break and thanks to everyoen so far for the help
Old 02-01-2010, 10:54 PM

Here is a place I found on Ebay.And our trucks have floating rotors, no bearings to replace.. It is call Brakemotive76 on Ebay...
Old 02-02-2010, 08:34 AM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

If you are making a show truck, don't cheap out on parts. Just my opinion.... people (judges especially) can see that a mile away at those shows. You end up looking like a doofus.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:40 PM

id agree about not bein cheep thats y im looking for some good quaility and a quility place to purchase i was lookin at brake performance.com has anyone else bought from the i say one othe rperson mention them so just wonderin
Old 02-02-2010, 05:42 PM

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Redneckmafia
Here is a place I found on Ebay.And our trucks have floating rotors, no bearings to replace.. It is call Brakemotive76 on Ebay...
I thought the 2wds had integral bearings, and the 4wd/Awds had floating.

Quick Reply: need help with rotors