Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need help fixing my gauges!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 01:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Need help fixing my gauges!

Ok well my odometer stopped working a while back and I saw a thread on here to fix it, and I took apart my cluster and when I put it back together my fuel gauge needle has been inaccurate since. The fuel needle is about an 1/8th of an inch off. Whenever I fill my truck up with gas to full it goes past full.

So I've tried probably 10 different times to set the needle back to its resting point (on E when truck is off) and every time I think I have fixed it. But once I turn the truck off and shut the door it goes right back up 1/8th of an inch. I'm guessing its the impact of the door that makes it move back out of place.

I'm honestly so tired of it not being accurate, anyone have any tips to fixing this?
Old 07-19-2012, 02:52 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well I'm pretty positive I just fixed it! After thinking about it all day I realized that I could just set the fuel gauge 1/8th of an inch under where I actually wanted it to end up. So I set the gauge needle 1/8th under E and shut the door and it went to E and stayed there! I'm so happy! I've been tired of not having a accurate gas gauge for a while now!

Quick Reply: Need help fixing my gauges!