Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need help with cluster lighting issue!!

Old 02-24-2012, 09:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation need help with cluster lighting issue!!

i havnet been on these forums in a long while and actually dont own a f150 anymore. but i recently got a 08 taurus about 2 weeks ago.

if this isnt the right sub forum for this im sorry. i havent found much help else where on the interwebs and i know the f150 dash's are close to the same as my taurus.

ok so was trying to do led swap out today of cluster lights... and its been nothing but a hassle!! i blame the 62 degree weather in February but none the less..

i had a thread posted concerning the original idea but ill run over the basics. pulled out cluster. brought it inside and instead of replacing one bulb at a time i did them all... BAD IDEA. after about 30-40 mins in the card doing it i finally got the turn signals to work with Led's in place. as for the rest of the them.. nothing. with led's or even the stock bulbs. the needles still light up tho. other other cluster maintenance lights work without a problem. ive checked two differ cluster fuses and back lighting/ puddle lamps fuse. as well as a fuse in the engine bay. dont recall the actual name of it but had something to do with cluster or lighting. all fuses were good.

ive turned the sockets back and forth. turned the bulbs reverse, swapped differ bulbs.

so is there another fuse somewhere? are these bubls wired in series maybe? driving me nuts and now im outta daylight... luckly ive swapped out my interior lights already with led's so i can work by it... any help would be awesome!!
Old 02-24-2012, 11:38 PM

Are they 12 volt LEDs?
Old 02-25-2012, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by Altered
Are they 12 volt LEDs?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120712865690...84.m1439.l2649

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need help with cluster lighting issue!!