Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Need Help With Bluetooth

Old 10-04-2013, 08:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Need Help With Bluetooth

Hi everyone, I'm new here but I really need some help. I want to add Bluetooth streaming to my truck but I'm not sure how. I found these Bluetooth dongles that you plug straight into the aux input jack witch I think is great (
http://www.amazon.com/EDUP-EP-B3502-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B008ATAIUU/ref=pd_sim_e_1 http://www.amazon.com/EDUP-EP-B3502-Wireless-Bluetooth-Receiver/dp/B008ATAIUU/ref=pd_sim_e_1
), but it'll look stupid and cluttered on top of my dashboard. Does anyone know if there is a way to split the aux input wire into two aux inputs, maybe there is some type of adapter or something. I just don't want to be cutting any wires because usually those auxiliary wires are a pain to splice anyway. I'm not sure what it looks like under the dashboard because I don't want to be taking it apart if I cant do anything about it anyway, so if anyone can explain how its wired that would be great too...

Long story short, I want to leave the auxiliary input on top of the dashboard functional, and somehow split it into two so I can have another auxiliary wire in my center console.

So if anyone got confused by my disorganization.
1. Can I somehow split my aux wire?
2. Are there any pre-made adapters that are just plug and play?
3. How is the auxiliary input wired to the factory head unit?

And if anyone thinks of any alternatives, feel free to suggest, I just think this will be the cheapest way because I was looking at the adapters that connect to your wiring harness and their overpriced and not thought out well enough, one would only stream music to the front speakers... wtf? Haha well I'll stop writing a book now.

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Old 10-04-2013, 08:41 PM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Nice little unit. I might pick one of these up. Much cleaner than the cable.

I'm sure I've seen a thread on what you're looking for, but a quick search didn't turn up anything. Try searching in the 'How To" section. I found a nice "Relocating aux input" thread, but there was another (the one I can't find) that talked about putting a "Y" splitter behind the radio to get two inputs.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Help With Bluetooth