Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need help beautifying my truck

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2015, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help beautifying my truck

I am new to the forum and have a 06 f150 2wd. I would like to get a nice stance to my truck and have some backbone to go with it. I really like the camburg 7.0 but with me being 16 that is completely out of my budget. I was thinking of a 3 inch spindle lift with a pair of lift coils to give it a good stance. Is this going to be bad on my truck? Have any better ideas? I would like to get a good many of my aftermarket accessories (wheels, tires, etc...) for not to awful more than the camburg. I will be buying every part that goes on this truck and believe me when I say it! I ain't the 16 year old kid who gets his parents to buy everything for his truck I have to work for my parts! I would also greatly appreciate it if I didn't get kicked off this forum because I am not 18. I am just here for help. Thanks
Old 02-09-2015, 11:47 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Nobody makes a lift spindle for the 04-08 2wd f150's. With a small budget you can get a 3" spacer to get the front up a bit, if you want the cali lean, get a shackle for the back.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:49 AM

Dang I didn't know that, hadn't looked into it to see. Is the spacer going to be bad on joints and stuff.
Old 02-10-2015, 08:31 AM

Received 42 Likes on 31 Posts

a spacer is just like a body lift kit. And beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:19 AM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

A spacer is nothing like a body lift, a spacer simply gets bolted on top of the strut assembly giving you lift. You can find one new for around 100 bucks. I personally have bilstein adjustables that give me 2.75" lift i got for about $215. Going either of these routes does put more stress and angle on the front end components, but its all in how you drive also. If you just cruise around, obviously its going to be alot easier on them then if you want to jump it and off road and beat the **** out of your truck(thats how i was when i was 16 haha)
The next step from spacers or an adjustable strut is where you start getting into the full lift kits, for example, a basic pro comp kit is going to run you around 1200 for the kit alone. Hope this helps, have fun with building it up!
Old 02-10-2015, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by jake_85
A spacer is nothing like a body lift, a spacer simply gets bolted on top of the strut assembly giving you lift. You can find one new for around 100 bucks. I personally have bilstein adjustables that give me 2.75" lift i got for about $215. Going either of these routes does put more stress and angle on the front end components, but its all in how you drive also. If you just cruise around, obviously its going to be alot easier on them then if you want to jump it and off road and beat the **** out of your truck(thats how i was when i was 16 haha)
The next step from spacers or an adjustable strut is where you start getting into the full lift kits, for example, a basic pro comp kit is going to run you around 1200 for the kit alone. Hope this helps, have fun with building it up!
Thanks man. Don't plan on beating it to death but I like off road. Especially not going to jump it.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:11 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you just want a more aggressive look, I would just do a leveling kit and wheel spacers. I haven't had a problem with either on my truck and it definitely give it a more aggressive look.

Quick Reply: need help beautifying my truck