Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

need advise

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 05:09 PM

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Default need advise

hey everyone just had a few questions any feed back is appreciated. i want to purchase an edge programmer for my truck iv always had the superchip programer on my other trucks so it was easy to reprogram to stock when i took it to the dealership but with the edge it mounts to ur dash so my ? is has any one had issues with the dealers when they see it on ur dash? and how do you like the edge performance wise thnks
Old 03-28-2009, 06:41 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

I like mine that I've been running for about a year and a half. I use the canned level 2 mode to adjust for my taller tires and to correct the speedometer and odometer. I use 87 octane and get 16-18 mpg on my daily commute. Truck is a lot better than without it. You can get it updated with custom tunes later and re-badged as a Gryphon from Power Hungry Performance if you like or buy one from PHP as a Gryphon which is a modified Edge with the same cool gauges. You can disconnect and return to stock programming easily if you want to take it in to the dealer. Good luck with your decision!
Old 03-28-2009, 09:33 PM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PawPaw
I like mine that I've been running for about a year and a half. I use the canned level 2 mode to adjust for my taller tires and to correct the speedometer and odometer. I use 87 octane and get 16-18 mpg on my daily commute. Truck is a lot better than without it. You can get it updated with custom tunes later and re-badged as a Gryphon from Power Hungry Performance if you like or buy one from PHP as a Gryphon which is a modified Edge with the same cool gauges. You can disconnect and return to stock programming easily if you want to take it in to the dealer. Good luck with your decision!
I keep the Gryphon/Livewire in my Laptop bag when I take it in and put it back. Dont waste your $$ on the superchips and Edge. Get the Gryphon or the SCT tuners.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
I keep the Gryphon/Livewire in my Laptop bag when I take it in and put it back. Dont waste your $$ on the superchips and Edge. Get the Gryphon or the SCT tuners.

Why take the programmer out? All you have to do was return the program to stock?

If you simply unplug the programmer you are still running the program you last had in and if the dealer flashes your pcm you're programmer will be locked and you'll have to send it in.

That is the way I understand it.

Quick Reply: need advise