Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

NCD Customs 2.5" leveling kit

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NCD Customs 2.5" leveling kit: NEW PICS ON LAST PAGE!

I just ordered mine last week. It should be here any day now. Has anyone else gone with this setup? I had the same type of kit on my '07 Frontier and it looked and worked great.

Has anybody run into issues of any kind running a 2.5" leveling kit. My rear fender gap on my FX4 is about 2.75" more than the front so I went with the 2.5"... should sit almost even. Thanks for any input.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/04-08...spagenameZWDVW

Last edited by iceman302; 03-29-2008 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:40 PM

Sounds good. Should work out well for you.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:28 PM

I haven't looked into a leveling kit yet but this looks good and the price is very good. Mabye someone on here with knowledge on leveling kits will give some input. Thanks for sharing, I may just order it because the price is so good.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by JohnC
I haven't looked into a leveling kit yet but this looks good and the price is very good. Mabye someone on here with knowledge on leveling kits will give some input. Thanks for sharing, I may just order it because the price is so good.
I did do a fair amount of research. I even called NCD with a few questions and they were great to deal with. I definitely like the simple bolt in design and solid billet construction. I don't care for the weld plate style that most companies make. I'm sure that it's strong enough, but that seems like a lot of stress on a few welds. I don't care how thick the plate is.
Old 03-19-2008, 07:41 AM

Yeah these look good to me but hopefully some of the guys that have kits installed will chime in. I recall someone talking about an alignment plate/piece or something that we may need for the front shafts?
Old 03-19-2008, 07:44 AM

I just put the 2.5 NCD kit on my 06. I ran into no problems with the kit. It was a easy install and turns out great. My truck sits level now, just need some bigger tires now.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:23 AM
J_Jones FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Iceman
NCD makes a very good product. I was quite suprised at how well built their leveling spaces really are. It is a machined solid billiet spacer. Better than some of the other ones out there IMO. This is the kit I purchased for my setup. I helped two of my buddies put this kit on about 2 weeks ago with no problems. Except for clamping a hose when the bolt was tightened but thats a silly mistake and a simple fix. It comes with very clear instructions with all the info you need on sized sockets and the works. You will be happy I promise.
You might need two of your friends to help you put it on though. It is quite cumbersome to do it all yourself.
Good Luck, post some pics when you're done.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:24 AM

Thanks for sharing klink82. How long did it take and what is involved in installing the kit?
Old 03-19-2008, 09:29 AM

Jones do you need to do anything else when installing the kit such as drivshaft spacers or anything? Thanks, John.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:32 AM
J_Jones FX4

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It took about 3 hours. First time we had done it so it took a little longer. We actually did two trucks at the same time so that might have factored into the equation as well.
I would go through the instulation porceedure but thats a lot of typing.
In the short:
-Take off tire
-Take out bolt through control arm
-Take out bolts (3) at top of strut tower
-Take off bolts Ball joint (Be careful here, sometimes therotate on you and thats a B!tch)
-Bang down hte control arm
-Remove strut tower
-Place spacer on top in correct alignment. (there is only one way it fits so you will be sure to pick the right way)
-Do all of this in the reverse order

Now start the second tire....

Its pretty easy, IF you have the tools

Quick Reply: NCD Customs 2.5" leveling kit