Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My plans......

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:47 PM
FULL BLOODED AMERICAN!!!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My plans......

As always mods if this is in the wrong section then feel free to move it.

Anyways my plans for my truck.....the TA should sell this week so I'm lookin' to get 20" wheels with 33" tires after I get my leveling kit. Me and a friend are going to install the leveling kit when I order it here in the next few days because a local shop wanted $450 to install it plus the alignment.

I have a few questions.....

1) I know myself and a 2.5" leveling kit WON'T be enough to suffice me so I was thinking about putting a block in the front to lift it and then just leveling it out in the back to fit the wheels and tires. Would that be a good idea or should I just level it out to fit the 33's and then go with a 3" body lift??

2) I know that some of y'all are going to tell me to go ahead and lift it but I'm not really wanting to right now. I've been lookin' at some F150's with a leveling kit and a 3" body lift and I REALLY like the way they look.

And yes my truck is a 2WD and I know that I won't be able to fit 35's on it unless I lift it.

What do you all think?? Opinions are VERY welcomed because I'm lookin' for ideas and I'll be doing this sometime in January.
Old 12-24-2008, 06:36 AM

Received 102 Likes on 91 Posts

In my opinion Triton do what you want. It does sound like though that you want a push in the lift direction these trucks do look awesome with a lift either way I don't think you will make a bad decision. Me personally like the lifted trucks but Jersey has so many "F"ed up laws I would hate to put all that money into it just to remove it later.so for now I'll stay with my 2" level w/33's I'm real happy with this setup
Old 12-24-2008, 08:26 AM

So you have 33's on your stock wheels?? Can you post up some pics?? I've been lookin' at leveling kits and I found the Daystar for $110 and the Autospring around $130 and the Pro Comp is $160.
Old 12-24-2008, 08:52 AM
Bleed FORD Blue

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Hey Triton I have a 2.5" leveling kit on my truck that I bought on eBay, I only paid about $75 about 8 months ago. I installed it myself (it was a breeze) then had my buddy do the alignment. I have been wanting to do what you are talking about putting 33 with a body lift only because I can not afford a $2000 lift kit. I am not sure what you are talking about when you say "I was thinking about putting a block in the front to lift it" do you mean the leveling kit? I think if you want to install a body lift with the leveling kit I say go for it . There are going to be lots of ppl out there that are going to try and scare you away from a body lift but there is nothing wrong with them! I had one on my 98 Chevy 1500 and got nothing but compliments. Good luck with your decision and remember take a ton of pics!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:21 AM

Thanks Al!! What I meant by "blocks" was put one in the front and a smaller one in the rear instead of a leveling kit so it would sit a little higher. I was thinking about ordering the RoughCountry leveling kit from a member on here that posted from their website but I'm waiting to hear back from him before I order it. It's only $100 too. I agree with you about the lift kit. I don't feel like putting out $1500-$2000 for a kit so I'm thinking about a leveling kit and a body lift. I think I've actually got my wheels and tires picked out and I'm hoping to have it done soon. My friend had a 6" lift on his Tacoma with a 3" body lift and it looked awesome!!! I have heard the negatives on a body lift but I like the way it looks and I'm thinking about doing it when the newness of the leveling kit, wheels and tires wears off......LOL

Last edited by Triton v8; 12-24-2008 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:32 AM
Bleed FORD Blue

Originally Posted by Triton v8
I'm thinking about doing it when the newness of the leveling kit, wheels and tires wears off......LOL
I hear ya the newness on my leveling kit wore off a few months back LOL!
Old 12-24-2008, 09:46 AM

LOL I'm planning on ordering the leveling kit as soon as I hear back from Dustin from RoughCountry and when that's done I'm gonna order the wheels and tires. I've got it narrowed down to about 8 sets of wheels.....lol

I REALLY like the XD Monsters in black but I don't know if my truck would look good in all black. I'm leaning towards this wheel. It's the Moto Metal MO957.

Old 12-24-2008, 10:37 AM
Bleed FORD Blue

Sweet wheels I love the deep dish style
Old 12-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Notorious Thread Editor

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Triton v8
LOL I'm planning on ordering the leveling kit as soon as I hear back from Dustin from RoughCountry and when that's done I'm gonna order the wheels and tires. I've got it narrowed down to about 8 sets of wheels.....lol

I REALLY like the XD Monsters in black but I don't know if my truck would look good in all black. I'm leaning towards this wheel. It's the Moto Metal MO957.

Those wheels are kick a**! And as for the lift?? These trucks look awesome either way. If you put on that level kit and some bigger tires 33's or 35's the truck still looks awesome and the wheel wells fill up real nice. Unlike those Chevy's with the huge wheel wells.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:12 AM
Bleed FORD Blue

Originally Posted by SinCityFX4
Unlike those Chevy's with the huge wheel wells.
That is true I could never fill those huge wheel wells!