Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My new F150---A few issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 12:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new F150---A few issues

Hey guys, brand new to the forum. Just sold my 2000 F150 (which my dad bought new---180k time to upgrade) and today just brought home an '07 F150 KR with 140K. Got a good price on the truck as far as I can tell but there is one particular issue I can't find the answer to on here!

When I test drove the truck the Navi said that the disc was dirty, I assumed I would need to get a new DVD. Brought it home and played with the deck until I could get it to slide down and try to eject the cd. Now I have read that the Ford 6cd changers are garbage, and that is fine because I have AUX and who uses cd's anyways. The point is, the NAV cd just sort of clicks and makes noise like its trying to eject but doesn't. Finally managed to get it out by partially putting another cd in there and it gave it grip to come out for some reason. The cd looks clean (certainly not too damaged to read). After several minutes of trying, it just doesn't want to read the disc.

So is there a way to repair this? Can I open up the deck somehow? I definitely don't want to buy a new Nav unit. Any advice?

I apologize in advance if this is a repost...again first time, searched and couldn't find anything.

Thanks fellas and hope to get acquainted with you lot!
Old 07-22-2014, 01:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know much about the Ford CD decks so it could be some sort of weird issue, but have you tried cleaning the lens?
Old 07-22-2014, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haven't. How does one go about doing that?
Old 07-22-2014, 02:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just about any electronics store should sell a lens cleaner disc, all it is is a disc with a brush that will remove dirt and crap from the lens. http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ.../10124285.aspx

Quick Reply: My new F150---A few issues