Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My first F150!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:02 AM
WHO DEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My first F150!

Hey, I just bought my first Ford and so i am new to this forum. I have an 06 F150 Screw 5.4L 4x4 with 3.73 rear, 44k mi. I came across your post and noticed that some of the things you replaced on your 06 also need fixed on mine. Like your fixes, The blue oval on the grill is bubbling and peeling, The message center or odometer light is out, which i did not notice at test drive and i also have a hesitation when gearing down from acceleration at low speeds. like when starting to climb small hill with a bend or coming of an exit ramp and accelerating to merge on to 45 mph traffic. The hesitation does not happen all the time but it does worry me a bit, i would say it happens between 2nd and 3rd gear. You said you just had a TSB performed to fix it, what is that? My truck was a certified pre-owned and i also purchased the preventative plus extended warranty to have pretty much bumber to bumper coverage until i hit 100k so i assume these two things would be covered. I am very excited about my truck, although not so excited about the mpg, which i have noticed in my first two weeks of ownership. I drive mostly highway and like a grandma so it kind of stings a bit. Sorry to be so long winded, but any thoughts or tips about thes problems or just my f150 in general would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Who (what person) are you directing this post at??? In your post, you mention: "I came across your post..."

Who's post???
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 AM
WHO DEY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry, the original post was from MHC-F150, "three year anniversary"???, i replied to his and copied to a new topic to see if any body had any feedback. Especially for the hesitation on mid aggressive acceleration from a low speed. I think it happens between 2nd and 3rd gear. Still can't figure out what a TSB is. Other than that i really like the forums here and maybe soon i will have some pics, lol. Thanks guys
Old 12-09-2009, 10:38 AM

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts

TSB = technical service bulletins, they are released from ford to help the techs that work on these trucks to help narrow down and fix certain problems

Quick Reply: My first F150!