Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My farfetched plans for my FX4

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 PM
its just whatever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My farfetched plans for my FX4

I've decided on keeping this truck for a really long time since it is so uncommon, but I want to make it even more unique one day. Has anyone ever heard of someone swapping out the 6.0 Diesel into an F150? I know the tranny would need to be swapped out too to handle the power. At the same time, since it would be best to buy a donor truck, I want to swap out the complete drivetrain out of a 250 or 350. I want the solid axle setup with the heavier springs in the rear. Also I want to swap out auto to a 6sp manual. I would get the cluster out of a console shift F150 to get rid of the gear indicator, and i guess the steering column too. I want to stick with 35" tires. I don't want a rediculously huge monster truck, it would just be as high as the SAS would make it.I know this is gonna cost an extreme amount of money, but I spoke to Hamilton Diesel here in Liberty Hill, and they said it could be done and everything work properly. They can do it all start to finish, but could not give me a price. I'm not trying to make my truck a 1ton to work, cause I know it would be cheaper to just buy one, I just want to be different and have one badass F150! tell me what yall think.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:15 PM
JACK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds very unique but this would be a kick *** truck if done right
Old 01-12-2009, 01:07 AM

I think what would be really cool would be a 4bt cummins conversion on it. do a google search for 4bt cummins forum and its a whole forum dedicated to conversions done with this motor....its the motor used in these frito lay and mrs bairds delivery trucks.......little lighter than the larger displacement diesels and I would guess and say that it still makes as much torque if not more than the 5.4 does now.....would be a really cool truck and might require less beefing up......the torque the big diesels creates may even cause frame complications as well
Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 AM

i would swap in the international 7.3l in my opinion it is the better of the 3 recent ford diesels thats whats in my 99 250 and i love it. but i think if someone swapped that in a f150 it would be sick cuz thats a heck of a motor and you would still have the unique factor. speaking if unique diesel power had a diesel powered stang like a 98 or 99 hopped up and dippin under 10's in the quarter. hows that for unique can you imagine pullin up next to a guy fillin his mustang with diesel. LMAO

Last edited by BlackedOutFord; 01-12-2009 at 03:20 AM. Reason: wording
Old 01-12-2009, 10:57 AM
its just whatever

what about the 6.8 v10? maybe it would be easier to swap because the fuel system could stay the same? It would still be different and powerful
Old 01-12-2009, 12:25 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the rear axle on your truck will handle the power from the diesel just fine but you would need the front axle replaced. i would stick with the f150 rear spring set up, nothing wrong with it and it will let you haul almost 10k so y change it????? as for the motor swap your talking big$$$$$$$ i dont think the 4bt would be worth the hassle of the swap, those are good for small vehicles like jeeps. i think sticking with a ford diesel is your best bet. as far as the v10 i think your doing alot of work just to put 2 more cylinders under the hood. Just supercharge and tune the crap out of the 5.4 and youll end up having more than that v10 would give you dollar for dollar.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:53 PM

http://www.4btswaps.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7022

these 4bt's are getting put in fairly large vehicles...remember they are coming out of 1 1/4 ton delivery trucks. Ive seen them swapped on the net into 1 ton trucks....dunno how they ended up doing but they are not weak engines...the horsepower seems low but for 1000-2000 dollars they can be made to create 300 hp and up around 600-700 ft/lb torque...thats a **** ton for a half ton truck...enough that you need to have a full ton tranny or it will shred the drivetrain.....Just above stock you can achieve 150-175 hp and be well over 300 ft/lb but youll be getting almost double the mileage your f150 had in the first place... whatever you do keep us updated it should be interesting none the less

Last edited by p3ripperfw; 01-13-2009 at 10:45 AM.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:14 AM
its just whatever

I have heard of these 4bt cummins swaps, the diesel shop in town does them one after the other, but I want my truck to be all ford power, whether its the 6.0 stroker or the V10. I can't decide. this would be several years down the road. it was just a thought for now. I want to switch to solid axle, so why not change both over to 3/4 or 1 ton axles? I'd definately be looking for a parts truck that I can get everything out of. and I know everyone dogs the V10, but I like it. My ag teacher has a KR 250 with the V10, and it has plenty of power, and thats in a very heavy truck. That thing would probably make my truck pop a damn wheelie, with mine already being the smallest f150, I think either of these engines would be faster and stronger.

Quick Reply: My farfetched plans for my FX4