Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

My 05 F150

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Default My 05 F150

I've been wanting to post a thread on my truck for a while but I never had the time till today. I got my truck from an auction back in 06. It was a theft recovery and the only thing missing was the carpet. It had a set of cloth seats in it but I doubt they were the originals since the power outlet in the jump seat needed a different plug and everything was unbolted. I threw a carpet in it, bolted down all the seats and added a flowmaster. Here it is at the auction:

After a while my brother gave me some 22's he took off his 06 when he traded his in.

I used it like that for a while till I had to take it up to Big bear so I put the stockers back on incase I needed chains and my dad put the black rims on his Expedition.

I love this truck so much so it hurt me alot when in Oct of 08 some chic ran into me at the corner of my block. Thank God my wife who was still my girlfriend at the time was ok since we were hit on the passenger side. These trucks are tanks! The caddy that hit me was totaled and here is the damage to my truck.

This is where things got bad. The girl who hit me had no insurance so I took my truck to a guy that owned a body shop and owed me money. Well that was a bad idea! He had the truck for 6 months and didnt do all the mods I asked him to do. I finally got my truck back but I wasnt completely satisfied with the work.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:05 PM

I decided I wanted it to look different so I went with an 07 front bumper and painted it silver. The hood and roof were painted black and the mirrors were also painted silver.

It took me a while to work on it when I got it back since I was so pissed the body shop guy left me hanging. It took a month for me to cool off. So finally I decided to finish what I could on it and went back to work. I put everything that was loose in the cab back on the truck and bolted on a set of 22' Harleys I got for a steal at $350 for the whole set!

I was finally driving my truck around and I was happy. Then my dad surprised me when I let him borrow the truck and he brought it back to me with out the back seats. Turns out one of his friends offers to redo the upholstery so for me. I went with a darker color to go with the black on the hood and roof. I still need the driver seat to be done but the other seats look great.

I still dont want to take the plastic off the seats till its all done and I'll post the pics when its all done.
Future plans still include:
1. a 2/4 drop
2. an fx2 front valance and possibly a fog light bumper
3. a better sound system
4. a camper shell painted to match and continue the paint scheme all the way back!
5. a painted rear bumper
6. a pin stripe either red or blue to separate the silver and black
Let me know what you guys think and I welcome any ideas you might have!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:55 PM

Received 30 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice transformation!
Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Looks good.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Received 1,683 Likes on 588 Posts

Wow man. Quite a journey so far. Keep up the good work. IMHO, you should look into a set of the Harley/Limited side "steps" for the rocker panels. That would really set this truck off.
Old 02-02-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Lenn
Wow man. Quite a journey so far. Keep up the good work. IMHO, you should look into a set of the Harley/Limited side "steps" for the rocker panels. That would really set this truck off.
My wife wants steps instead of the drop, I'm willing to add them If I find them at a good price.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks good... show us more as you get it done
Old 02-02-2010, 03:51 PM
BAMF Club

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Looks good. Those 22s look much better than the first ones too. fwiw, I think a red stripe would look sweet to separate the two-tone
Old 02-02-2010, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
Looks good. Those 22s look much better than the first ones too. fwiw, I think a red stripe would look sweet to separate the two-tone
thats what I've been leaning toward!
Old 02-02-2010, 06:45 PM
Truckin'Boatin'Bikin' Nut

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The truck looks great. One question, did you have to mask off the mirrors or did the skullcaps come off? I know the signal mirror style skullcaps come off, not sure on the non signals, unless of course you have the signal mirrors (can't tell). I would like to paint mine. Thanks.

Quick Reply: My 05 F150