Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

mudding

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default mudding

I took my '08 FX4 (1 month old) through its first mud hole the other day. It performed wonderful. I guess i should have thought twice about it though, because it took me 2 hours to clean the mud out from under it and wash it!! The driveway was covered in mud, what a mess. Times i wish i owned a power washer. I felt it was time for it to be christened, so i did so.

I have also realized that a lot of debris gets thrown onto the side steps from the front tires. Even when it rains a lot of sand and dirt ends up on the sides steps. I don't use them so i don't track the dirt into the truck. I was thinking about mud flaps but i don't really like the look of the ones ive seen.

New FX4 is off road worthy!!
Old 03-20-2008, 03:20 PM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

I hear ya! The only thing that keeps me from the mud every weekend is the fact that the clean up is a bitch. This last time I let the mud get good and dry then crawled up under the truck and just used my bare hands to get most of the clumps off. IMO this was easier and cleaner than just blasting it with a pressure washer, so from now on I'll be using my hands for the most part then just spray the rest off.

One thing that pisses me off is when I rinse the tailight area off I get mud coming out of the cracks and can never seem to get it all off.
Old 03-21-2008, 08:22 AM

Talking

Why wouldn't you hit a brushless car wash first? Let them deal with most of the mud.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HarmsWay
Why wouldn't you hit a brushless car wash first? Let them deal with most of the mud.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:52 PM
workin for parts!!!

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

PICS!!!! if you play, you gotta pay.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:02 PM
hummmmm

I dont know if its a TEXAS thing, but we have an Undercarage option with the drivethru washes. Never used it on the current truck (wont fit) but I use it all the time on my other car and my past truck works great for the MUD.
Old 03-22-2008, 12:25 AM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by kickinit
I dont know if its a TEXAS thing, but we have an Undercarage option with the drivethru washes. Never used it on the current truck (wont fit) but I use it all the time on my other car and my past truck works great for the MUD.
Nope, they got 'em everywhere!
My 96 F150 Scab longbed just barely fits at the local pressure wash, but it does fit!
Old 03-22-2008, 03:17 PM

when ever we go out 4x4ing we try to find an area with a river or pond to run in after or a ditch with water in it.but one place we go to has sand gravel and when it rains mud.and steep gravel piles.and there is always water standing at one end of the gravel pit to run threw and its about 2 feet deep.we have every thing from dirtbikes,quads,dunebuggys and trucks there on most long weekends.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:57 PM

well, im going to have to hit the carwash. was forced to go mudding today, unfortunately it was in my 04 Stratus RT with hi performance street tires on it. the house i just moved in to has a garage, but to get to the entrance you have to drive through the yard. and the yard was a bit muddy. i dont drive my car all winter long, but i need to get it inspected tuesday, so i had to get it out today. got it stuck 2 times, had to use my 96blazer(f150 wouldnt fit through the gate opening) to pull it out. it wouldnt move more than 2 inches on its own. so i had to buy a bunch of plywood to drive on. but still tore up the yard.

also i cant wait to get back down to haspen this summer

Quick Reply: mudding