Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

mud boggin

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 06:28 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Default mud boggin

alright so im gettin my truck lifted as some of you might know.. piecing together things over the next couple months.. in the end im gonna have 8 inch bds lift with 37s and 20s.. new gears step bars and a few other things.. been thinking about when its all done takin it to a mud boggin comp. near my town they have every month or so.. should i plan on buying some 16 inch rims on the side and throwing some tsl boggers on em or would my 37s and 20s hold there own? probably going with some rockstars or BMF rims with some toyo MT or mud grapplers.. also what else should i look at buying to make it better in the mud

thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Things are looking up!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

16" wheels won't clear your brakes. You will need at least 17" at a minimum. And I wouldn't but the Rockstars in the deep mud of a mud bog unless your fine with the scratches thats gonna end up on them. I would go with a second set for the mud if thats what you wanna do. I do some offroading but I dont think I would put mine in a mud bog cuz its a lot of stess on all those new parts but thats just me. I'm sure others will tell you it will be just fine.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it's anything like the mud bogs we have here a couple times a year, I'd get some cheap wheels and a good set of Boggers. Make sure vent lines are elevated and everything is sealed up that should be. Make absolutely sure you have good tow points, don't be that guy that gets his back bumper ripped off, trust me I've seen it. Be ready for broken parts also....

If you have access to a tire groover you can open them up and really have a badass set of tires, but then they are pretty much a one purpose tire. Also if it's an organized event cut tires will get you thrown in with the big boys, unlimited or mod class we call it.

Oh and a stroked big block running on alcohol is also fun, good way to smoke your clutch though....
Old 01-21-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

yeah after thinking about it i probably wouldnt take my nice truck through a mud bog.. now im planning on buying a cheap 4x4 to fix up on and take it through.. called a buddy thats been in some of em and he said when he took his 04 f250 harley davidson through it he god a S*** load of dings and such.. pretty much said its not worth it to put a nice truck in a mud boggin comp.. be better off to buy a junker 4x4 and just use my nice truck for regular muddin.. not the mud rockslingin hardcore kinda stuff.. thanks for the input guys i dont think ill be puttin my truck in a mud bog afterall.. might just buy an old 4x4
Old 01-21-2011, 10:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

70's or 80's F-series, 1 ton axles, big ol tahrs, and a lot of power. Good times, reminds me of college haha. Cobbled together old rigs sure were fun.

In my experience a good set of tires cost more than the truck they were going on!
Old 01-21-2011, 11:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Muddin = hell on your truck and very expensive repair bills. I learned my leason the hard way.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:06 AM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

boggers would be HELL on the truck. if it were me id leave it on the 20s and just clean em right away

Quick Reply: mud boggin