Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Missfire

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missfire

I have an 07 its been missfiring on and off for a while I put all new coil packs, plugs, idk how many sets of cats the dealer put on. Any ideas what could be causing the missfire i don't know what to do anymore its getting to the point where the shop gets to drive it more than me. Oh and I had the injectors cleaned out to
Old 07-10-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you checked the mass air flow sensor .or ive had a egr gasket burn out .and no code
Old 07-10-2013, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by don feldpausch
Have you checked the mass air flow sensor .or ive had a egr gasket burn out .and no code
Yes and the fuel pump module. But didn't check the egr gasket
Old 07-10-2013, 11:42 PM

I am having the same problem. Replaced plugs and coil packs.when i get a code it is p0303. Any ideas any1
Old 07-19-2013, 01:21 PM

I have been down that same rabbit hole, replaced plugs, wires, coil pack (found out that the 1,5 wires had been swapped the whole time) the fuel pump thing over the spare tire..

Got OBDI II code reader, but it didn't work... Oh, wait, the cigarette lighter fuse needs to be replaced to get the OBDI II operating, where was that in the manual....

Error codes PO 302 $ 07E8 Misfire detected. Okay...

Reset by unplugging battery multiple times. Think it is better, no, not.

Check Engine Light On. Check Engine Light Flashing. No Error codes.

Money spent, knuckles busted, new curse words discovered, local auto repair guys helpful...NOT... Consider suicide/autofire...

Then it hit me. Seven year old truck, low mileage 38,000, I think of it as a new truck. But I had to put new tires on it [Worn out tread on front due to bad alignment, and though excellent tread on rear, rat**** crazy neighbor and I've had 7 nails in those rears....odd.. ), maybe other parts are feeling old.... like BATTERY ??

No ****, 3 months, and it has been the battery?? Seems so, now I have to undo some stupid moves, like burn through some highest octane gas, and PROPERLY do a battery reset (which I had never heard of, until now).

So, it is running lots better now,without having done the reset correctly.

Lets see what the real proper battery unplug, headlights on, 15 minutes, then follow the directions in the sticky.

I'll let you know, but the rain has to stop, and I have to change my underwear first....

Last edited by Jerry Smith; 07-19-2013 at 01:47 PM. Reason: insane rambling

Quick Reply: Missfire