Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mirrors Question!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirrors Question!

I currently have the stock mirrors (blinker and heated) on my 05.

I am going to upgrade to tow mirrors except they will not be heated or have the blinker.

Since my truck is already wired for the blinkers on the mirrors, I am going to do my own custom blinkers for the new tow mirrors.

My question is, does anyone know what the wiring color code is for the blinker/heated mirrors on the 05?

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Old 08-18-2015, 06:54 AM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Using the search tool would have given you the answer, as this has been discussed before. One of the search replies gives this (pin 10 is light green/white stripe):
Attached Thumbnails Mirrors Question!-2007-f150-mirror_wiring.jpg  
Old 08-18-2015, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Using the search tool would have given you the answer, as this has been discussed before. One of the search replies gives this (pin 10 is light green/white stripe):
Thanks a lot. I guess the left front turn signal feeds the signal to both mirrors (considering there's no front right signal feed.)
Old 08-18-2015, 09:07 AM
Some guy

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,280 Posts

So if you bought an 04-08 with heated mirrors, where would that button be? Because I've got this plug just chilling in my dash plugged into a blank spot next to my cigar lighter. I wonder if that's it but there's no button...
Old 08-18-2015, 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by LaMartian
So if you bought an 04-08 with heated mirrors, where would that button be? Because I've got this plug just chilling in my dash plugged into a blank spot next to my cigar lighter. I wonder if that's it but there's no button...
Are you talking about the pins/wiring for the heated mirrors? Because on my 05, right when you take off the mirror glass, there are 2 wires that plug into the glass and those are the heat. If you're talking about how to turn on the heat for the mirrors, I have no idea. I always thought they were automatic or with some A/C option on.

Quick Reply: Mirrors Question!