Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mirror Shattered, Need Some Help...

Old 08-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Shattered, Need Some Help...

I had my truck parked on the street and forgot to fold in the mirrors. Someone smashed into my driverside mirror and shattered it (just the glass is damaged). So I ordered new glass. i have searched and searched with no results, does anyone know where I can find instructions on how to change it? My last resort is getting raped by the dealer. (06 Mark LT)

Thanks guys
Old 08-29-2009, 08:00 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it's really easy to change out the glass
1. push in the glass and behind it you will see a round circle attached to the back of the mirror glass
2.with a long skinny flat head screwdriver pop off the 4 tiny fingers that attach to the mirror motor
3.the glass should come right off, if you got heated mirrors unhook the connection and your off
4.new one just pops on

CAUTION---the mirror is very very thing and can break super easy. you dealer is the best best or tasca for the glass, aftermarket mirror glass is crap and over time develops black spots on it. check ebay i have seen some oem mirror glass on there in the past.
Old 08-29-2009, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by ATOM
1. push in the glass and behind it you will see a round circle attached to the back of the mirror glass
2.with a long skinny flat head screwdriver pop off the 4 tiny fingers that attach to the mirror motor
3.the glass should come right off, if you got heated mirrors unhook the connection and your off
4.new one just pops on

CAUTION---the mirror is very very thing and can break super easy. you dealer is the best best or tasca for the glass, aftermarket mirror glass is crap and over time develops black spots on it. check ebay i have seen some oem mirror glass on there in the past.
Wow it really is that simple... Thanks!!... it is oem
Old 09-02-2009, 12:36 AM

Originally Posted by ATOM
4.new one just pops on

I Haven't tried it yet but seems real easy to remove, but It seems like it would be a little tough putting the mirror back on (with the clips)... is it?
Old 09-02-2009, 01:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

no, just center the mirror in the housing with both hands and push it in, GENTLY, you will hear it snap back in.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 AM
BLOWN club #1

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i did mine its more nerve racking pushing on a mirror thats new than it is hard
Old 09-02-2009, 11:01 AM

Sweet, thanks guys
Old 09-02-2009, 09:00 PM

Ok, So I gave it a try. It came off no problem, but putting it back on I was only able to get 2 out of the 4 clips back on. I tried my best to get them all on at the same time but only one side went in. I put as much pressure as I could without feeling like I was going to break it and still wont clip on. It seems real sturdy (has as much play as the other mirror). Should I just leave it or will hitting a big enough pot hole knock it loose?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mirror Shattered, Need Some Help...