Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Mileage after Edge CTS install

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mileage after Edge CTS install

First full tank of gas after installing Edge CTS. Have gone through about 1/2 tank and the avg MPG is sitting around 22mpg.

2007 5.4 Screw Stock with K&N air filter.

I am extremely light on the pedal and use the mileage coach with tons of coasting. I also use cruise a lot in the city.

Have to say I am thrilled!

Will see what the next tank says as I know the comments are going to stress the reading can't be accurate. Will calculate manually and see how it compares.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:14 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by EvansRJ
First full tank of gas after installing Edge CTS. Have gone through about 1/2 tank and the avg MPG is sitting around 22mpg.

2007 5.4 Screw Stock with K&N air filter.

I am extremely light on the pedal and use the mileage coach with tons of coasting. I also use cruise a lot in the city.

Have to say I am thrilled!

Will see what the next tank says as I know the comments are going to stress the reading can't be accurate. Will calculate manually and see how it compares.
where did you pick up your programmer from and what are the specs on it... I googled Edge CTS and there were endless results lol

I just picked up an 05 f150 with the 5.4 as well and have been thinking about a programmer to set up a fuel efficient profile and a power one as well. Does yours have multi profile programming capabilities? i would assume so...

Def keep us updated on how this one works out for ya!
Old 06-19-2012, 11:27 AM

what was your mileage before?
Old 06-19-2012, 11:41 AM

Luigi... I just picked mine up from a local retailer. It comes preloaded with 3 tunes but I will be getting custom tunes created for it. The website escapes me but you can order the edge through his website and get it preprogrammed with the custom tunes specific to your vehicle. I think it might have been powerhungryperformance.com

Rider... I was still getting good mileage before but the tuner has probably added 2 MPG to what I was getting before and night and day performance from the truck even with the stock tunes on the edge. Hoping to get another .5-1 MPG more with the custom tunes.

Will let you know how it keep up with the next tank.
Old 06-19-2012, 01:12 PM

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine always reads between 18 and 22 but when I actually figured it out it was really around 13-15. I'm not sure why it's so far off.

Quick Reply: Mileage after Edge CTS install