Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

mechanic reccomendations

Old 04-18-2013, 12:06 AM

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Default mechanic reccomendations

I'm starting the hunt for a good mechanic for the BIG repair. Anyone in the Boise area had their cam phasers and timing set replaced at an independant shop with good results? Also, what timing kit should I get, I have heard bad things about the cloyes kit. I'll most likely go OEM on the phasers, is it worth it to use the OEM timing kit as well, and any idea what that would cost? I'm probably gonna be picky and really looking for a place that has done this repair before. I think Experience is king in doing this right, otherwise I'd tackle it myself in the garage.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 AM

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by 1stTruckGuy
I'm starting the hunt for a good mechanic for the BIG repair. Anyone in the Boise area had their cam phasers and timing set replaced at an independant shop with good results? Also, what timing kit should I get, I have heard bad things about the cloyes kit. I'll most likely go OEM on the phasers, is it worth it to use the OEM timing kit as well, and any idea what that would cost? I'm probably gonna be picky and really looking for a place that has done this repair before. I think Experience is king in doing this right, otherwise I'd tackle it myself in the garage.
I can't recommend any technician in your area as I don't know where Boise is but there is a very good thread here on doing the job on your own.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: mechanic reccomendations