Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

MBRP Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Lightning&Lariat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MBRP Exhaust

Anyone running the mbrp 3" catback on there trucks? I'm looking for the deepest tone for mine without removing the cats. I dont like flowmasters and i'm not a huge fan of magnaflow. Plus i cant decide if i want split rear or straight out the back. Any help fellas
Old 11-08-2012, 09:26 PM

Received 71 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Black'd F150
Anyone running the mbrp 3" catback on there trucks? I'm looking for the deepest tone for mine without removing the cats. I dont like flowmasters and i'm not a huge fan of magnaflow. Plus i cant decide if i want split rear or straight out the back. Any help fellas
I have mbrp installer series si/do side exit catback it sounds great i get alot of compliments on it. No drone when cruising but when you punch it itll wake you up
Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Lightning&Lariat

Originally Posted by 08screwCA
I have mbrp installer series si/do side exit catback it sounds great i get alot of compliments on it. No drone when cruising but when you punch it itll wake you up
Thats the kit i was looking to do. Are you running the 3"? Was it a pain to install? I've done my share of bolt on exhausts and this one looks the easiest. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you spend on the CB? Like if its SS or not
Old 11-08-2012, 09:37 PM

Thats the kit i was looking to do. Are you running the 3"? Was it a pain to install? I've done my share of bolt on exhausts and this one looks the easiest. If you dont mind me asking, how much did you spend on the CB? Like if its SS or not
Yeah running 3 inch it was around 530$ tax incl. Stuff in canada always costs us more. It isnt SS i just painted with high heat paint before i installed it for some added protection and as for the install it was really installer friendly just cut off stock system and clamp it on there wasnt any fight to make it fit and the MBRP tips look sweet
Old 11-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Lightning&Lariat

I looked under my truck and it looks like it has a slip fit pipe. Mines a stock exhaust but it looks like theres a clamp on a flared out peice that the stock fits into so i think i could just unbolt the clamp, beat out the old and move in the new. Or am i gonna have to cut it to get over the axel?
Old 11-08-2012, 10:15 PM

I looked under my truck and it looks like it has a slip fit pipe. Mines a stock exhaust but it looks like theres a clamp on a flared out peice that the stock fits into so i think i could just unbolt the clamp, beat out the old and move in the new. Or am i gonna have to cut it to get over the axel?
Nope it comes in 2 seperate peices for going around that axel then clamps together the instructions are really good and it all bolts together nice
Old 11-08-2012, 10:18 PM
Lightning&Lariat

Originally Posted by 08screwCA
Nope it comes in 2 seperate peices for going around that axel then clamps together the instructions are really good and it all bolts together nice
I know the aluminized is way cheaper but i get some nasty winters out in illinois so im affraid it will rust out fast. Even if i do hit it with paint.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:31 PM
Former Powerstroker

Received 49 Likes on 47 Posts

I know the aluminized is way cheaper but i get some nasty winters out in illinois so im affraid it will rust out fast. Even if i do hit it with paint.
Im from IL and i had one for 3 years and it never rusted out. It got rusty in parts but with paint im sure it will last.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:19 PM

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

I have had the SI/SO system for a little over 3 years now and I could not been happier with this system. Heres a photo of it right after installed, still looks almost the same.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:24 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Is that a brand new rear axle ?? Or painted ^^ Your undercarriage is super clean!

Quick Reply: MBRP Exhaust