Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

manuals or pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post manuals or pics

Hello fellas well I got a project truck , a 2004 F150 5.4L 3V that was partically tore apart when I got it. The fella was going to do a cam phaser, timing belt job on it. Well got into a little trouble and now its mine . So I have a box of new parts and am tasked with putting it back together. so first thing putting the oil pump back on , in the kit I have the oil pump and of course the pick up o ring, and what looks like a little metel stud? don't know what that is for, cant find anywhere it might go, although the old pump has a little stud on the front side where this one doesn't . also don't see any gasket, does it fit metal on metal . I tried to line it up and push it on but seems like there is a 1/8 in gap, don't know if your suppose to gently hammer it back to fit flush but doesn't go tight. Can use all the help I can get.
Also in the evergreen timing belt kit there looks like a couple black thin metal plates again with out any manuals or diagrams hard to figure out where they go. So my next question is , is ther a manual or online site a guy can go to that has pretty detailed pics and replace and repair instructioins. Don't mind paying a little if its pretty detailed. Have to get the truck back on the road as my other ride is down for the count. any help would be appreciated
Old 06-01-2016, 12:58 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I haven't seen any manuals online, but purchased mine from e-bay....took a few days for delivery though.

You might want to take a look at Ford Parts which provides exploded views of assemblies. It may be enough to get you started or to finish the job.

http://www.fordparts.com/

Easiest method is to enter your VIN.

Good luck.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:09 AM
I know it's backwards

Received 73 Likes on 52 Posts

Not sure if this will help or not, but I figured I'd post i for you.

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/free-20...manual-298753/

Quick Reply: manuals or pics