Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Manual window problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2010, 09:13 AM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Manual window problem

I've seen all the threads on the electric window issues.

My '06 STX has manual windows. Occationally when I try to crank the window open the handle turns freely, but the window stays up. I had an issue on my old ('92) truck with the window crank binding, and that was resolved with putting some graphite powder in the regulator track. With this '06 it seems that something isn't staying attached, but only some of the time. ?
Old 02-27-2010, 12:40 PM

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Maybe the handle is loose? There is a little set screw that keeps the handle tight. I would check that first. If that is not the problem you will need to take the door panel off and figure out what is wrong. It is a very simple system so finding the problem should be easy.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Uberhater,Troll,Whatever

Received 110 Likes on 49 Posts

Yeah, I know the panel will be coming off in any case, to make the repair. I was just hoping for an idea of what the problem was ahead of time. When it malfunctions, it feels like a grip is letting go when cranking down and the window stays up, then when I crank the handle back up it feels like something "re-seats". The handle stops when cranked up all the way, but winds to infinity when cranking down (and has no resistance). I'm thinking the regulator assembly is very different than in my old truck.

Quick Reply: Manual window problem