Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Magnaflow vs. Flo Master $$$1,000 to spend!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 01:59 AM
The Cold Shoulder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnaflow vs. Flo Master $$$1,000 to spend!!!!

Ok so i applied for a scholarship that i thought was going directly to my collge...turns out it isn't. And since i have a full ride, the scholarship i applied for is for me personally. It's 1k and have decided that if the good Lord blesses me with the scholarship (which is basically guaranteed) to put it all into my truck. Now there are a couple of things that i have THOUGHT about doing with the grand. everything from a Billet T-Rex black grille, a soundsystem, a lift (too expensive though) and of course exhausts. So i decided to put it all into either a Flo Master, or Magnaflow. I want a dual exhaust where i have those nice shiny chrome mufflers coming out on both sides of the bed. ( it was either that or the ones that poke out in front of the rear tires, but i'd want them on both sides an i can imagine how much that would be. I want them big too ( in terms of diameter). But i don't know which brand to go with. I read alot of people ahving the FloMasters 40" series, and am curious to know how it sounds, and how much HP it gives you. I want a loud roar, almost a purr but i want it purring just as much as it's working.
Which one gives me more HP.

I plan on lifting my truck, idk how much, but i still want it to be fast... really fast or if not strong. So what do you fellow truckers recommned for power, performance, spped, and of course sex appeal?

YUOR THOUGHTS!! Need serious help.

I'll keep you guys posted with the scholarship info, but i want the info regardless, just cause i'm going to do it anyways.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You get much better value by going to a local exhaust shop and telling them the sound you want than you do by buying a boxed exhaust system. You can probably get the sound you want for 300-350 at an exhaust shop.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:33 AM
JACK

i have the magnaflow and quality is top notch as for hp i dont really have numbers but you can feel the difference
Old 04-13-2009, 09:48 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Payed $250.00 For mine, I have no muffler, 2 catalytic converters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O2jrrJx8GM
Old 04-13-2009, 11:52 AM

The chrome mufflers coming out of the back your referring to are tips lol , but for the exhaust, both sound awesome. The magnaflow is gonna give you more power with a deep, smooth, somewhat bubbly tone that is loud only when you want it to be, while the flowmaster is gonna give you a little more power but not as much as the magnaflow, flowmaster will be a loud, raspy, roar, that is pretty much loud all the time. Even under a light throttle my flowmaster is very loud and deep, with a killer amount of cab drone which sucks by the way not a good thing. I'm probably gonna swap my flowmaster out for a magnaflow true dual setup. Hope that helps.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:17 PM
Combat Trucker

again, go the the muffler shop, tell em you want true duals, no mufflers, cut it after the resonators and cats and run 2 3/4" or 3" pipes with 3 1/2" tips. trust me, youll like it.

shouldnt run you anymore than $300.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:50 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Rainman
again, go the the muffler shop, tell em you want true duals, no mufflers, cut it after the resonators and cats and run 2 3/4" or 3" pipes with 3 1/2" tips. trust me, youll like it.

shouldnt run you anymore than $300.
If i remember right, he wont pass inspections in Texas with that setup...
Old 04-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Isn't it true that if you have a programmer you can turn off the trouble code thrown by cutting off the cats?
Old 04-13-2009, 01:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Depends on what part of TX.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:23 PM
American Muscle

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by broncrog
Depends on what part of TX.
lol, how do you figure that? Emissions are state, not county...Sure, i know plenty of places you can go to and will pass you, doesnt make it legal.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow vs. Flo Master $$$1,000 to spend!!!!