Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

MAF Housing

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:13 PM
Super Star Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAF Housing

Anyone know of a manufacture who makes a Mass Airflow Sensor Housing for the '05 5.4L? I am going to fabricate a custom intake system (ram air), but I need a MAF housing since I will be replacing the stock air box. I don't see any reason spending around $300 on the whole Granatelli aftermarket unit when all I need is the housing itself (keeping the OEM sensor). I've seen companies selling these for other Ford vehicles for around $99. Any leads?
Old 12-03-2007, 10:43 PM
none.

Received 98 Likes on 78 Posts

no, leave it as is.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:04 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

im going to have to agree with obusnizzle. ram air doesnt do jack sh*t. air just isnt dense enough to be rammed into the motor just by having a scoop on the hood or under the bumper. i would just buy a cai kit. youll get the same same hp gain without the trouble. if you have the itch to fabricate, buy a drop in k&n filter for the stock air box and then modify the stock box to flow better
Old 12-07-2007, 07:33 PM
Super Star Member

Sure, ram air won't make a major performance difference, but if done correctly, it CAN give slight gains. I am more concerned with any improvement in MPG than HP. You will only realize the benefits from ram air at freeway speeds (mostly speeds above what I drive anyway), but any little bit helps. Pulling (denser) cold air from outside the engine compartment is far better than pulling hot air from inside the compartment. It is generally agreed that for about every 10 degrees increase in incoming air temperature, a loss of about 1 HP is shown. So for every 10 degrees that you lower the incoming air temp, you gain about 1 HP (and help improve MPG). Food for thought anyhow.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:59 PM

From what I've read and seen, I don't think there's a whole lot you can do to the 5.4 to make much difference in HP or MPG, unless you go CAI and custom tune. That's what I plan to do....when the funds come....

Quick Reply: MAF Housing