Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lowering a 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 03:58 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Default Lowering a 4x4

Hi everybody. I'm new here, and i honestly don't know a super lot about trucks. However i have an '04 Super Crew 4x4 and i absolutely love it. However i have always loved the looks of a lowered truck and was wondering if there were any issues with dropping a 4x4? I know i'm going to get the standard hater comments about lowering, but i would prefer any useful information that any of you have. Also, what are good lowering kits that i might be able to find? Thanks a ton.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

u dont know if there are any lowering kits available for the 4x4. i would think the front suspension is differnet with the cv's. as far as ill effects your not really going to be able to use the 4x4 casue your going to loose all ground clearance but as long as you dont go too crazy with drop ammount i dont think it could hurt anything more than lifting it would
Old 03-18-2009, 07:54 PM

Received 749 Likes on 622 Posts

Originally Posted by clpeller
Hi everybody. I'm new here, and i honestly don't know a super lot about trucks. However i have an '04 Super Crew 4x4 and i absolutely love it. However i have always loved the looks of a lowered truck and was wondering if there were any issues with dropping a 4x4? I know i'm going to get the standard hater comments about lowering, but i would prefer any useful information that any of you have. Also, what are good lowering kits that i might be able to find? Thanks a ton.
I'd get some lowering shackles for the rear and get level with the front. Don't worry you're not the first one to do it.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:15 PM
Proudly Canadian

Received 124 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon35
your not really going to be able to use the 4x4 casue your going to loose all ground clearance but as long as you dont go too crazy with drop ammount i dont think it could hurt anything more than lifting it would
Well i don't want to go ridiculously low. Just maybe 3 in the front and 5 in the back. Just to give it a sleeker profile.

Also, thanks to both of you for your help.

Quick Reply: Lowering a 4x4