Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Low Oil Pressure false alert?

Old 06-05-2011, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Low Oil Pressure false alert?

Hey guys,

Its happened twice already, and just bought the truck pre owned. But the low oil pressure alert will come on and it wont let me start the truck. So i have to turn off and remove the key to try again. Takes about two times to get it started, then run fines. This is coming from the truck being driven, and cooled down for about 10 mins.

Anybody ever experience this? What exactly is low oil pressure? Not enough oil? What could be the causes?

Thanks!
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 PM

How many miles are on it?
Old 06-05-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Rc1999
How many miles are on it?
39k for 2006 supercrew.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:49 PM

I've got 48,000 on my 08 and never had that problem, have you changed the oil since you've bought it. It sounds like it isn't an engine problem.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:04 PM

I've got 48,000 on my 08 and never had that problem, have you changed the oil since you've bought it. It sounds like it isn't an engine problem.
No, i havent. Not yet. I did get my ignition switch replaced because the dealer said it was the causw for my electrical issues. Prior, i told them abouy this issue, and how my gas gauge empty when i had more than half a tank in it.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

I've had this happen about 3 times on my 06 with 84K miles on it. I've owned it since 54K. And it's in the exact same conditions you described after setting for about 10 minutes of a full startup and warming period. The only difference is when it happens I don't have to turn my key off or even take it out. I just try to turn it over again and it starts. I have the Lariat with the little Message Center in the Instrument Panel and it just says Low Oil Pressure when this happens. Also, when I check my edge, there are no DTC's???

I was gonna start a thread on it asking about it myself in just the next 5 minutes and low and behold I found yours!
Old 06-05-2011, 03:09 PM

No, i havent. Not yet. I did get my ignition switch replaced because the dealer said it was the causw for my electrical issues. Prior, i told them abouy this issue, and how my gas gauge empty when i had more than half a tank in it.

Any suggestions?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:19 PM

Well i had my ignition switched swapped out because the techs said it was cauzing my elextrical issues. Cause my gas gauge was showing empty when i realy had over half a tank of gas.

Could it be a bad gauge? WhT causes low oil pressure?

And i havent changed the oil yet either. Only had it for a week.
Old 06-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by BassAckwards
I've had this happen about 3 times on my 06 with 84K miles on it. I've owned it since 54K. And it's in the exact same conditions you described after setting for about 10 minutes of a full startup and warming period. The only difference is when it happens I don't have to turn my key off or even take it out. I just try to turn it over again and it starts. I have the Lariat with the little Message Center in the Instrument Panel and it just says Low Oil Pressure when this happens. Also, when I check my edge, there are no DTC's???

I was gonna start a thread on it asking about it myself in just the next 5 minutes and low and behold I found yours!
Samee!!! It says it in my message center too. What do you mean wheb you check your edge, there no DTC?

Whats an edge or DTC?
Old 06-05-2011, 03:45 PM
I Like Tires

Received 248 Likes on 214 Posts

Originally Posted by maddagascar

Samee!!! It says it in my message center too. What do you mean wheb you check your edge, there no DTC?

Whats an edge or DTC?
The Edge is my Edge Evolution Programmer. It's a chip for more performance, but it also shows me gauges and DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes) DTC's are reasons your Check Engine Light would come on and the codes tell you why there is a problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low Oil Pressure false alert?