Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

low grade misfire?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question low grade misfire?

I have a 04 Screw w/ about 95000 kms (60000 miles...on the 5.4L) and I am getting a strange miss/shudder. I seems to only happen when I am going downhill at about 110km/h @ 1800 rpm ish in cruise control. (obviously in OD) At first I thought I had gone over a big frost heave, but it happened again and the last trip. It accelerated just fine and if I keep my foot lightly on the gas it appears to go away. I did read a thread in the tranny section about the low grade misfire and replacing egr valve, COPS and plugs.... what I do not know is if it is more transmission or engine related..as it does "feel" like it is coming out of the rear end. Any ideas?
Old 02-22-2008, 12:38 PM
redman

It sound to me that you have a bad coil.....to find out, take to the dealer and have them hook up a computer to your truck
Old 03-09-2008, 02:20 PM

Thumbs down well i had a miss fire

Originally Posted by redman transport
It sound to me that you have a bad coil.....to find out, take to the dealer and have them hook up a computer to your truck
my truck started flasning the engine light and according to the owner manual it was a "miss fire continue to drive but with caution" my truck would shake and have no power and then be just fine for a few then bang shaking and no power................ the problem i drop a spark plug it snaped in half and was dancung around in my cylinder#2 and screwed my valves so i had to replace my heads thank good ness for warranty oh ja i have a 06 f150 with a 4.6 L and 33 tires with free flow exhaust
Old 03-09-2008, 10:19 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by arjan otten
my truck started flasning the engine light and according to the owner manual it was a "miss fire continue to drive but with caution" my truck would shake and have no power and then be just fine for a few then bang shaking and no power................ the problem i drop a spark plug it snaped in half and was dancung around in my cylinder#2 and screwed my valves so i had to replace my heads thank good ness for warranty oh ja i have a 06 f150 with a 4.6 L and 33 tires with free flow exhaust

Which plugs did you have in it? Motorcraft?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Robotaz
Which plugs did you have in it? Motorcraft?
origanals as far as i know the bottom have past the threads snaped of and got jammed in my exhaust valve and so had no compression on that cylinder the valve got bent and cracked the haed so they replaced both heads and all the spark plug forthe brand name ??????????? origanals all i know is it kinda pist me of first a heater hose then this and all in really cold canadian weather

Quick Reply: low grade misfire?