Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Looking for your input

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 09:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Looking for your input

So ive piled together a list of the things i'm wantin to do to my 05 xlt screw and was just wondering yalls input on how to do it correctly or ideas on making it look good as well as possible costs and good brands/type of product to go with. heres wat i'm lookin at
-billet grille
-smoke the taillights
-put some led lights behind the grill (raptoresk look)
-bull bar-possible fog lights on those
-dual exhuast
-tint windows
-tail light strip

thats bout it for right now. other things like rims and tires and maybe a tuner ima do later when money lookin better.
Old 03-22-2013, 03:06 AM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I would suggest just buying the Muffler you want and have a exhaust shop install it with their pipe. Will be welded which is better than using clamps. Should also be easier on the wallet. Oh and fyi flowmasters rust like a ****. So if you do plan on getting one be prepared.lol Wish i had known before i bought mine. Im happy with the sound though.
Old 03-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Ryan

Received 81 Likes on 43 Posts

Agreed, take your muffler to a shop, don't buy the kit. I've had my Flowmaster for 2 years now and its just starting to pit up, if that worries you, paint it with High Temp engine enamel before you have it installed and it won't rust as fast.

I went with a T-Rex billet grille, its a little more money but has held up well so far. I have an LED Glow tail light bar, and I had a pro tint my windows (Tint World) with some quality tint because I don't have the patience for that.

Other than that, search this forum, there are tons of threads on all the other mods you're looking at
Old 03-28-2013, 06:41 PM

if im looking for that nice deep rumble, if you get what i'm talkin bout, that you hear with a lot of trucks what type of muffler should i go for
Old 03-28-2013, 06:47 PM
'08f150stx

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Check youtube for f150 exhaust. Lots of video's posted there. There should be a link on this forum just to let members know to look there.
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear....1.QMedwcHlzXw
Old 03-29-2013, 07:36 PM

Yea I've done a lot of YouTube searchin but u can never get a good video of the true sound I feel. Everyone just puts the camera right next to the exhaust so its hard to really hear it (just sounds distorted snd all the same) Plus u get a good sound of it as u pull away not standing idle revin engine. I don't know that just my opinion on them YouTube videos.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Didnt want to start a new thread but any good exhausts to help the truck breath a little better without being loud and NO DRONE!?

Just want to do the basic bolt on's to open it up but im done with loud vehicles and enjoy my quiet cab after my modded diesel that you couldnt have a conversation in

Quick Reply: Looking for your input