Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Looking at Head Units

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2012, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking at Head Units

My 2004 came with an aftermarket dvd screen in it, but the dealership put the factory head unit back in it that actually has a broken CD player. I've been looking around for a dvd receiver head unit and contemplating nav as well.

Then I started looking at obd ii stuff and ended up coming across something I thought I could combine for all of it.

Fuxon FA-30WAH It's a double din head unit with an android OS on it. Has nav and dvd, I was thinking I could bluetooth an obd ii reader with it as well.

With it being the only android os stereo I could find, I'm a bit skeptical on it and I've never heard of Fuxon.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Not sure how the OBD II works with the head unit, unless there's a bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the OBD II connector of the truck, then transmits the info to the head unit. Never knew about this one before. Sounds neat if it works.

I've seen tuners now that do this via your ipad or iphone with a loaded app.

Soon, we will have the mental telephathy thing; thoughts transmited directly into the brain.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Bucko
Not sure how the OBD II works with the head unit, unless there's a bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the OBD II connector of the truck, then transmits the info to the head unit. Never knew about this one before. Sounds neat if it works.
BAFX has a OBDII scanner that transmits via BT and is android compatible via
a Torque app. I'm speculating that since the stereo in android based and has BT capability I'd be able to run that app on it.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Moderator (Ret.)

Received 474 Likes on 374 Posts

Do they have a web site? I'd google them and see if they are posting the particulars.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:52 PM

I can't find a website for them. Apparently they are made by GoodBuddy but I couldn't find a website for them either. Without being able to find any reviews on the product, I think I'm going to have to find something else.

Quick Reply: Looking at Head Units