Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

long time no see, a few updates and advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:08 AM
Goombah Stomper

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Default long time no see, a few updates and advice needed

Well ladies and gentlemen, pretty soon I will be getting rid of my beloved 2004 fx4. There's been alot of mishaps recently with a dealership here in San antonio, tk the point where they installed a faulty engine which has been in the shop twice in two weeks. I've put my heart and soul into it, and it's possible that this whole situation can come down to a lawsuit if the dealership does not cooperate.

That being said, pretty soon I'll be putting myself into a brand new 2014 f150 with the 5.0 v8. I believe the good Lord has told me that it's tI'm for a new truck since the first round of engine breakdowns started on my birthday. So I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all of yall in this portion of the forum for a massive inventory of information. Yall have been absolutely stellar.

Catch yall on the new side!

Jorge
Old 11-17-2014, 12:20 AM

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by JorgeRod54
Well ladies and gentlemen, pretty soon I will be getting rid of my beloved 2004 fx4. There's been alot of mishaps recently with a dealership here in San antonio, tk the point where they installed a faulty engine which has been in the shop twice in two weeks. I've put my heart and soul into it, and it's possible that this whole situation can come down to a lawsuit if the dealership does not cooperate.

That being said, pretty soon I'll be putting myself into a brand new 2014 f150 with the 5.0 v8. I believe the good Lord has told me that it's tI'm for a new truck since the first round of engine breakdowns started on my birthday. So I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to all of yall in this portion of the forum for a massive inventory of information. Yall have been absolutely stellar.

Catch yall on the new side!

Jorge
Make em fix it, then wait and trade it in for the 15 its next month!!
Old 11-17-2014, 05:01 AM
Goombah Stomper

I'm going to get a 2014. I feel like this is the year they got all the kinks out of it. Not too sure about the 2015 transmissions yet, so I'll wait on that one for a couple of years. But yes, I'm waiting for the repairs and then she's going to be out of my hands
Old 11-17-2014, 10:04 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

After owning a 2004, I doubt that I will EVER buy another first year vehicle. Way too many stupid engine issues, vibrations, driveshaft issues, etc. Really ridiculous.

I hope the 2015 is better, but I won't spend my money on one.
Old 11-17-2014, 10:28 AM
F150 Life

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ah man lame.. but I agree, I think first year with new model vehicles is something to avoid.. get your money out of that dealership though!
Old 11-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Goombah Stomper

I've already talked to a lawyer and we are sending a notorized letter with a list of demands as soon as I get my truck back. They just called today to tell me they have to put another engine in.

Quick Reply: long time no see, a few updates and advice needed