Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

"Load Error" 6 Disk CD Player

Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Load Error" 6 Disk CD Player

Hello:

I have an 07 Lariat F150. My 6 Disk CD Player is busted. I know that I have 6 CD's in the player, but it reads that all the slots are empty. Whenever I start the truck I can hear the CD player trying to figure things out, and whenever I try to eject a CD I get a "Load Error" message.

I have tried hitting the top of the dash while pushing eject, resetting the fuse, and trying to physically remove a jammed CD with tweezers. Still no luck. The next thing I want to try to do is remove the cd player from the dash, but I have no idea where to start with this procedure.

Any help with the steps to removing the CD Player in my truck and additional tips that might work would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Birrion
Old 06-13-2012, 05:16 PM

first you need to remove the dash surround (thats the frame around the CD player). Then from there you should have access to the screws that hold it in place. Try that but work carefully. I took out my dash in my old truck and I ended up cracking the frame clips. Just be careful when you are taking that apart. I hope this helps
Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 PM
08 F150 LIMITED

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine was or did the same thing......I took the unit out and removed the CD player from inside the radio box unit. Now no more ticking noise, I found one of the gears on the CD unit was broke. The radio still works along with my MP3/phone.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:12 PM

is the CD player easy to disassemble? My son put some change in ours and now it has to come apart...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: "Load Error" 6 Disk CD Player