Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

line- X bed liner

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default line- X bed liner

I put my truck in the shop this evening to have the bed sprayed with
line-x. I got a out the door price of $400.00 this was with a fire fighter discount.

Is this a good price?

What should I look for to make sure I got a good job?

can they really patch it so that you can not tell it was damaged?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Derek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the line-x bed liner and i paid the same price around 400.00, as far as the patching goes not sure cause i really havent scratched mine up that bad yet.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:06 PM

yes it is a good price. just make sure that they dont have any overspray in between the bed and the cab and make sure that the bed caps dont have any on them. yes they can patch it to make it look like its not been damaged if not they will redo your whole bed.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:08 PM

if I find overspray how can it be removed?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by rickyp
if I find overspray how can it be removed?
tell them to remove it. i doubt that you will though. they do a pretty good job at taping off your truck. also the only thing that will not hold up to linex is bullets. we do some testing at my work and bullets go right through it. lol.
Old 02-10-2009, 10:21 PM

Humm it isn't bullet proof that could be an issue. I am a hunter and do some hunting on public hunting land. some of the hunters are not as careful as I am and will shoot any thing.

I went to two shops I was really looking for a Fire department logo or a ford logo for the bulkhead but no one around me had any stencles for it.

The first shop I went to was not very clean and not light well. it had a very ratty couch and a single desk and like only one person working there.
I got a price of $439 out the door for the liner and this was with a fire fighter discount. The guy was nice and took time to talk with me.

The second shop I went to this morning was so clean you could eat off the floor. they had a separate waiting room with nice cable TV they had a reception desk and two people working behind it. The front was very well light and the people where very friendly they offered to try and find me a stencle but it would be extra. I then asked for a out the door price and they gave me $400 and if I wanted the extra black it would be an extra $175..

The $39 difference and the way the front of the shop looked was enough for me to drive the 40 miles total for get it done.

I was telling them about the first shop and they seamed to know the person and told me the line-x was a side business and he had a driveway sealing business full time.
Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 PM

You cant always judge a book by its cover. Some of the best work I have seen came from shops that I was afraid to go into.

Matt
Old 02-10-2009, 11:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lad79der
You cant always judge a book by its cover. Some of the best work I have seen came from shops that I was afraid to go into.

Matt
Very true. And it works both ways some times. The fanciest body shop in my hometown was the absolute worst one to take your car to....

The best thing to do is ask around your area, talk to random people.
Old 02-11-2009, 05:16 AM

When I lived in the Shreveport/Bossier area of Louisiana (military), there was guy who owned an old WWII tank and ran it in local Veterans Day parades. Since track pads for the old style treads were about impossible to find anymore he used spray-in bedliner material to build up the pads on a regular basis! It was the best material he could find to resist wear and not chew up the local roads as happens with a steel track without a pad.
Old 02-11-2009, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by rickyp
I put my truck in the shop this evening to have the bed sprayed with
line-x. I got a out the door price of $400.00 this was with a fire fighter discount.

Is this a good price?

What should I look for to make sure I got a good job?

can they really patch it so that you can not tell it was damaged?
Afellow worker bought his truck just before me and he had line-x done in the purchase deal. When mine came in it had the Ford liner already in so i decided to stay with it. That summer he hauled dirt to his yard and used shovel to remove. i saw it afterwards and no marks in liner. I believe it is tough enough that you will be happy with it.

Quick Reply: line- X bed liner