Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

light accessory mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question light accessory mods

what are some light mods you have done for your truck. im huge into lights i dont know why haha...but if you could put your $.02 in i would appreciate it
Old 08-07-2009, 04:41 AM
^ drinks KC Tea

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

offroads behind the grille. a guy on heres sellin some nice ones that he has behind his. also i have blue leds in place of all the interior lights and the two lights above the bed. hids are nice too or you could get strobes all over the place too lol red line of fire under the tailgates are cool too i had one but it broke cuz it was cheap. if you have or get subs you can buy lights that sense vibration and light up diff colors for dif intensitys of the vibrations. just a few things you may be interested in
Old 08-07-2009, 05:46 AM

thanks bud, i should of mentioned i have lights behind grille, fire and ice under tailgate, have led bar under driver and passenger dash. i want to change the color out from behind the gauge cluster but seems to hard for me and cant find anyone that will do it.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a light fetish too, lol. I have HID heads, fogs, and KC's. Have LED multicolor underglow. Have all interior dome lights LED. 3rd brake light is on the way. Line of fire/ice undertail gate. Recon 90w strobes in heads/reverse lights. LED lights in reverse lights and blinkers. And about 90000 flashlights, lol.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:26 PM
john john the leprechaun

Originally Posted by Squirtbottle09
I have a light fetish too, lol. I have HID heads, fogs, and KC's. Have LED multicolor underglow. Have all interior dome lights LED. 3rd brake light is on the way. Line of fire/ice undertail gate. Recon 90w strobes in heads/reverse lights. LED lights in reverse lights and blinkers. And about 90000 flashlights, lol.
intense is all i have to say to that ^^^^^^^^
Old 08-07-2009, 01:09 PM

how did you install the strobes in the heads and tails
Old 08-07-2009, 03:53 PM
Jan 2008 TOTM & Gdreject

Originally Posted by kankles
how did you install the strobes in the heads and tails
Drill a hole . That was a hard thing to do. Drill a hole in my brand new aftermarket headlights. You just drill a hole, mount the light, then run the wires. Its not that difficult. It took me and a friend ~4 hours to complete the entire task, with a few brakes. Im about to get LED tails and do the same thing to those. Im just trying to find a LED tail with a large enough reverse light portion to allow for my LED reverse lights and strobe lights to fit in there together.

http://www.youtube.com/v/5KckLndkQNc&hl=en&fs=1
Old 08-12-2009, 10:14 PM

i like it
Old 08-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Ford Modifier

well light them up lol
Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 AM

I welded myself up a head ache rack for behind the window and mounted it with my tool box in the bed. But off that put on two back up lights and the welded a bracket that goes directly sideways from the truck with a flood light on either side. For the front i got a pair of Hella 500's and mounted them on the front bumper with a bracket coming outta the small gap on the bumper. Then decided to add LED strobe lights in the grill and just below the rear bumper and the same gap in the front bumper. all controlled by an Orion control module similar to those in cop cars. Just be careful running too much power all at the same time and blowing out your alternator and possibly your battery too, i would highly recommend getting a second alt and battery. I have dual batteries and a heavy duty alt.

Have fun!

Quick Reply: light accessory mods