Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lifted and Limited Steer...

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2010, 09:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lifted and Limited Steer...

Okay first things first. I'm new to the forums here! I've been looking frequently here for quite sometime now, and finally decided to become a member! I bought my Ford about a year ago and finally decided to give myself a sweet Christmas present and lift my truck!! Installed a 6 inch Rough Country lift in the truck and noticed a problem. Has anyone thats installed this lift noticed limited steering from after you added the lift? I never really looked at the steering when it was stock to see if the tie rods hit the struts but i'm noticing now that they are hitting. It's really noticeable in the steering to, i can't crank it near as much as i could when it was a stock suspension. Just looking for a little advice on this, anything would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-25-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by Trevcampbell6891
Okay first things first. I'm new to the forums here! I've been looking frequently here for quite sometime now, and finally decided to become a member! I bought my Ford about a year ago and finally decided to give myself a sweet Christmas present and lift my truck!! Installed a 6 inch Rough Country lift in the truck and noticed a problem. Has anyone thats installed this lift noticed limited steering from after you added the lift? I never really looked at the steering when it was stock to see if the tie rods hit the struts but i'm noticing now that they are hitting. It's really noticeable in the steering to, i can't crank it near as much as i could when it was a stock suspension. Just looking for a little advice on this, anything would be greatly appreciated.
Got your money's worth with that Rough Country... sorry. Should've checked here first.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

All lifts limit your steering...not just rough country...
Old 12-26-2010, 02:29 AM

It's not that i'm not happy with the lift because i am. Truck rides just like stock, as far as i can tell they make a great kit. Just was a little concerned with the steering issue. Possibly the reason for it doing that would be because the rack and pinion isn't dropped down far enough? No idea but it's a good lift i think!

Quick Reply: Lifted and Limited Steer...