Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lift question

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 11:09 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lift question

Okay, quick question, I'm totally set on what lift kit I want, now, before I get it, since my truck is still lower than the rear, do I need a leveling kit in addition to the lift, so that the truck is still even when the lift is installed?
It is already leveled, but I do believe the spacer needs to be bigger.

The only reason why I ask is with some lifted trucks I have noticed that the rear of the truck is sometimes lower than the front. And I'm really trying to achieve for it to be the same height for the front and back.

8" BDS lift
1" body lift
18x12" Fuel Hostage(deep)
36" Toyo M/t
Old 01-24-2014, 11:19 AM
Captain Stringer

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

My neighbor put a 6" lift on his Duramax that was already leveled... It sat perfectly level however the angle was too step and he was forced to take the level kit off. I know his is a Chevy and we have Ford but Idk if that makes a huge difference or not.
Old 01-24-2014, 11:20 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Is that BDS the lift you are going with? If so let me know and I will find out about your question. Heck I can even get you pricing for it unless you already have that
Old 01-27-2014, 11:46 PM

Yeah the BDS is what I'm getting. But now it's going to be an 8 inch with 3" body lift and 20x14 wheels with 38" tires
Old 01-28-2014, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bnsf4
Yeah the BDS is what I'm getting. But now it's going to be an 8 inch with 3" body lift and 20x14 wheels with 38" tires
I can look into pricing if you need me to you guiys do get forum member discounts. Just let me know
Old 01-28-2014, 10:46 AM

that is going to be a rather large F150
Old 01-28-2014, 11:45 AM

I don't have the lift just yet. But I did notice that on BDSs site, you can customize their lifts, so I went with the best options I could get that they offered for their 8 inch lift. I haven't purchased yet, but I did select the fox shocks, BDSs leaf spring pack, not add a leaf and block. 5500 series Dual steering stabilizers, fox 2.0 rear shocks, and the rear driveshaft spacer. Now, I know for the front coilovers, they do offer Fox 2.5 reservoir coilovers, but are for their 6 inch lifts. If you said that was true, they crank the 6" up to an 8, then I could use these coilovers? I'm now a bit weary about getting BDS since I was looking for. True 8 inch lift. Maybe looking into Rize would be best? Ive heard they make lift kits that are incredible. Do you know much about them?

Anyway, yeah, my build is inspired after someone else's, the end result looked fantastic.

Trending Topics

Old 01-29-2014, 10:35 AM

I don't have the lift just yet. But I did notice that on BDSs site, you can customize their lifts, so I went with the best options I could get that they offered for their 8 inch lift. I haven't purchased yet, but I did select the fox shocks, BDSs leaf spring pack, not add a leaf and block. 5500 series Dual steering stabilizers, fox 2.0 rear shocks, and the rear driveshaft spacer. Now, I know for the front coilovers, they do offer Fox 2.5 reservoir coilovers, but are for their 6 inch lifts. If you said that was true, they crank the 6" up to an 8, then I could use these coilovers? I'm now a bit weary about getting BDS since I was looking for. True 8 inch lift. Maybe looking into Rize would be best? Ive heard they make lift kits that are incredible. Do you know much about them?

Anyway, yeah, my build is inspired after someone else's, the end result looked fantastic.
lemme call BDS today and find out about the fronts etc...
Old 01-29-2014, 01:31 PM

food for thought Rize is not in business is what I am being told. Unless you find a vendor with one on the shelf it is going to be a very hard find
Old 01-29-2014, 01:40 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts

When you put a lift kit on they give you a block for the back that replaces the existing block so the whole truck will be level or the front will be slightly higher

Quick Reply: Lift question