Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

lift kit help ya'll

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default lift kit help ya'll

Ok ya'll i thought i wanted just a 2.5inch leveling kit but after driving today i saw my first 07scab with a what seemed to be a six inch lift kit and ya it looked bad *** and now i i am thinking of getting that,or atleast the 4inch rancharo.

1.Now my questions are inorder to do a suspention kit,what does it all involve as far as mods to my truck,is their any cutting,welding and or grindeing involved

2.what all i do have to get recalibrated?

3.what replacement parts will i have to buy sooner than later?

4.will i have to extend any parts that may not come with the kit?

5.Did i miss anything else as i'm sure i did ya'll.

Well if anybody can help me out with these and anything i may have missed inorder to make a suspention lift complete and work the first time instead of oh i need this now type of thing.I would want to do everything at one time.I know this is allot to ask but hopefully you guys dont mind helping me out.Later ya'll.
Ryan
Old 03-09-2009, 03:26 AM

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts

ok, ill try to help you out here.....

1. to lift these newer BS f150's, then yes you will be required to but part of the frame away. it is required to make the needed clearance when you drop the front differential by means of the new brackets included with the lift.
2. you wont "have" to re-calibrate anything.... however, your speedo and shift points will be affected some. the EDGE is just one of several great programmers to help remedy this.
3. as far as replacing parts sooner.... that all depends on YOU !!! if you buy a "complete" lift, then it will be designed to keep stock (or very close to) suspension angles. so, if she is a pavement princess, you will be fine.... if you ride hard off road, then of course your going to break parts faster (lifted or stock). now, if you "piece together a lift", then you could be putting steeper angles and potentially shortening the life of your balljoints and CV angles.
4. for extending parts, it is definately a good idea to extend your front brake lines. some kits will come with them (i know that the RCD does). now, it also would be a good idea (but not required) to extend the driveshafts.... again, some lifts will come with spacers, and some will not. (i know that the RCD kit comes with spacers for the front drive shaft, and both CV axles). As far as shocks, the lifts will come with the appropriate length for them as well.

these lifts are not hard to install..... many here (myself included) have installed them in a driveway with jacks and stands. although a lift would be easier, its not a necesity. a good supply of basic shop tools is needed. air is a big help if available. if you call a performance distributor, they can hook you up and make sure you have a complete kit with everything you need the first time..... then when you get it, read the directions a few times before you start. double check the inventory on the lift kits components, and HAVE FUN !!!!

Quick Reply: lift kit help ya'll