Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift Kit

i tried the search but everyone was mixed in there answers. I want to install rough countrys 6in lift kit on my 08 and was wondering if anyone had or is running or knows someone with it and does it hold up? my trucks on road 80 percent of the time with the occasional beating off road up my camp but im 22 and the price is right so im wondering do u get what u pay for with this or is it decent... it seems to me like everyone is pretty satisfied just wondering if anyone actually has it.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:53 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I too am looking at this kit, seems like everyone with a fabtech or procomp turns their noses up at it but those who actually have it love it, luckily i have some more time to research while im savin the cash to do it. hopefully someone with actual experience will give us their opinion.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey this isnt my account i dont have have one but i have one on my f150 and it sucks im saving to get a fabtech or rize industries on my friend who has this account want me to get 8'' but idk yet but saw this and figured id let yall know
Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baseman
I too am looking at this kit, seems like everyone with a Caltech or pro comp turns their noses up at it but those who actually have it love it, luckily i have some more time to research while I'm Savina the cash to do it. hopefully someone with actual experience will give us their opinion.
Well i don't have one on mine and never will put that junk on my truck.However tho,i have installed one on my friends Chevy and another friends f-150.Both are 07's.Junk.Sub standard parts and machining and i am machinist i know.Now on jeeps,rough country isn't to bad at all,allot of jeeps run rough country.The sub frame just sucks,not as strong as the fab tech,rancho,or pro-comp,and for that fact alone,super lift.It will be fine if you don't plan on off roading then yes,get one.But for what you will pay for a rough country,spend the extra couple hundred and get the pro-comp.Do it right the first time.Now this is just one mans opinion.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:05 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Get what you want. I would bet money no one here has ever seen one of the CHEAPER lifts suffer catastrophic failure. Or any failure for that matter. JUsta bunch of urban legends from a bunch of mommas boys living at home buying lift kits. Meanwhile mom and pop foot the bill on everything else.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:27 PM
VanoFord2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by motard1
Get what you want. I would bet money no one here has ever seen one of the CHEAPER lifts suffer catastrophic failure. Or any failure for that matter. JUsta bunch of urban legends from a bunch of mommas boys living at home buying lift kits. Meanwhile mom and pop foot the bill on everything else.
Ya i hope your not talking to me about that,lol.I by my own lift kits,don't live at home,and pay for my own things man,lol.I am just speaking from experience.Now yes the lift will not fail,i never said that or implied that.But for the price,he has more options,and better at that and could do it right the first time and not have to worry about it off road.For a pavement queen,hey by all means go for the rough country.I had a rough country lift on my previous truck,now i have a fab tech,and its a nite and day difference with handling,ride,and quality of the parts compared to rough country.But yes its his money,and in the end he has to be the one to order it and has to be satisfied with it.We as a forum can instruct and give our opinions to other members who may not have much experience with lift kits and whatnot.

Quick Reply: Lift Kit