Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

leveling lift Question for everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 01:07 AM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

Default leveling lift Question for everyone

Hey everyone, I was looking on ebay and came across these. Could they potentially be used along with leveling kit to obtain 3.5in.+ lift in the front? (if so that would be sweet) or are they basically a different version of leveling blocks?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RANCH...QQcmdZViewItem
Old 11-08-2007, 01:17 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Buck, You a nite owl like me, huh? Well to be competely honest I am a newbie to the performance enhancement mod side of things so take what I say w/a grain of salt...But in my opinion we already have stock struts in the front, right? So if you can add a leveling kit to the stock struts, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do so w/performance struts. Now if I'm totally talking crazy guys, please don't tie me to the stake to burn!
Old 11-08-2007, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by dre23
Hey Buck, You a nite owl like me, huh? Well to be competely honest I am a newbie to the performance enhancement mod side of things so take what I say w/a grain of salt...But in my opinion we already have stock struts in the front, right? So if you can add a leveling kit to the stock struts, I don't see why you wouldn't be able to do so w/performance struts. Now if I'm totally talking crazy guys, please don't tie me to the stake to burn!
Im not too bad of a night owl, keep in mind its only 10:30 pm here in the west

It would make sense. I was just wondering because these alone claim to add 1 to 2.5 inches of lift in the front. And if you can use these AND the spacers then thats a pretty easy and inexpensive way to get possibly up to 5 inches of lift on the front, then add blocks and new shocks on the back, walla, very cheap five inch lift. I could be wrong so thats why Im asking I guess if it worked one may need some drop down/longer a arms though....I dont know
Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 AM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Oh yes, must be time for me to go to bed forgettin' about time zones. As for your post, yeah man, that would be really awesome if you were able to do both and I'm quite interested in what some of the seniors have to say about this...good find either way.

And not to hijack your thread, but what are in your opinion the top notch leveling kits. Got a thread started right beneath this one w/no responses yet but interested in getting leveled out and want to make sure I spend my money wisely.
Old 11-08-2007, 02:36 AM
Inaugural TOTM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not the world's greatest mechanic, I probably only know enough to be dangerous, but I would think adding these to your truck would give you the same amount of front lift as a leveling kit. Usually a 2.5" kit is the max recommended because of the steep angles created. Now if you throw these adjustable struts on there with a leveling kit on top then I would think you're going to cause the angles to be even steeper and maybe beyond the limits. Hopefully someone with a little better knowledge than I can jump in and give their opinion.
Old 11-08-2007, 08:33 AM

Received 107 Likes on 18 Posts

Don't even try.

Those kits are essentially a "leveling" kit, and when you add another spacer w/o having a drop down front crossmember your CV angles will be **** poor. You will be replacing your ball joints sooner than you change the oil.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by LovetheTide
Don't even try.

Those kits are essentially a "leveling" kit, and when you add another spacer w/o having a drop down front crossmember your CV angles will be **** poor. You will be replacing your ball joints sooner than you change the oil.
thats kinda what I was wondering about.
Old 11-08-2007, 01:04 PM

Oh yes, must be time for me to go to bed forgettin' about time zones. As for your post, yeah man, that would be really awesome if you were able to do both and I'm quite interested in what some of the seniors have to say about this...good find either way.

And not to hijack your thread, but what are in your opinion the top notch leveling kits. Got a thread started right beneath this one w/no responses yet but interested in getting leveled out and want to make sure I spend my money wisely.
hey Dre I think pretty much everyone on here is going to tell you that most any leveling kits you will find will do. They are kinda like body lifts, its hard to screw up some spacers and bolts so the quality between makes wont be too different. Hope this helps you
Old 11-08-2007, 03:47 PM
MuthaTruckin' Monster

Originally Posted by Buck
hey Dre I think pretty much everyone on here is going to tell you that most any leveling kits you will find will do. They are kinda like body lifts, its hard to screw up some spacers and bolts so the quality between makes wont be too different. Hope this helps you
Yeah it really does Buc. That is kinda what I thought but I just wanted to get y'all expert opinion before I went out and spent some cash. thanks again
Old 11-08-2007, 07:32 PM

Yeah it really does Buc. That is kinda what I thought but I just wanted to get y'all expert opinion before I went out and spent some cash. thanks again
it really does? what do you mean, it does matter which spacer kit you get? Im confused. Were u agreeing with me or disagreeing?

Quick Reply: leveling lift Question for everyone