Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Leveling Kits

Old 04-16-2016, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling Kits

I have a 2wd and have been looking around at leveling kits, I'm wanting a little bit more ground clearance but still want some rake. I have a few questions about some things. I see people saying that if you put a 2.5" on the front and nothing on the back it levels your truck, but I have also seen people saying a 3" on the front and a 1" on the back makes it level and if a 2.5" by itself is level wouldn't adding the extra .5" to the front (3") and 1" to the back make the back .5" higher then the front? I have also read putting a 2.5" on the front and a 3" back block is level. Also if you do add a block on the back do you have to replace the shocks? If anyone could help clear things up it would help a lot.
Old 04-17-2016, 03:14 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jroper
I have a 2wd and have been looking around at leveling kits, I'm wanting a little bit more ground clearance but still want some rake. I have a few questions about some things. I see people saying that if you put a 2.5" on the front and nothing on the back it levels your truck, but I have also seen people saying a 3" on the front and a 1" on the back makes it level and if a 2.5" by itself is level wouldn't adding the extra .5" to the front (3") and 1" to the back make the back .5" higher then the front? I have also read putting a 2.5" on the front and a 3" back block is level. Also if you do add a block on the back do you have to replace the shocks? If anyone could help clear things up it would help a lot.
Be prepared for the ensuing lecture about how to look up previous posts and how to look into stickies, etc.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Leveling Kits