Topic Sponsor
2004 - 2008 Ford F150 General discussion on the 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 truck.

Leveling kit install

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leveling kit install

So I just got my leveling kit in the mail and I'm going to do the install this weekend. I have read a lot about the process of doing the install from other posts. Doesn't sound to hard as long as I take my time. The only thing is, I haven't been able to find what the torque specs are for the suspension nuts when Ido the reassembly.

Does any one know what the torque should be on these nuts (Upper ball joint nut, upper sway bar nut, lower shock nut and upper shock nuts.

Thanks
Old 01-14-2010, 11:26 PM
Auburn Grad 07'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just installed a 2" AS leveling kit on my buddy's 08' a few weeks ago. The instructions that came with it were pretty thorough with torque specs included (starting at step 7 with reassembly).

http://www.autospringcorp.com/produc...Expedition.PDF

As for the 225 ft-lbs on the lower strut bolt, we wound up just hitting it with an impact wrench to a "moderate" but "safe" torque (rather subjective I reckon ). We drove it straight from there to the dealer to have the alignment done and asked them to torque them down to the final correct (and measured) torque in the process.

Hope this helps and good luck!
Old 01-15-2010, 12:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey fowlelb,
Thanks, that helps a lot. The directions in my kit are pretty much the say write up but minus the torque specs. Not sure why they didn't include it but who knows.

THanks again.

Quick Reply: Leveling kit install